Depressive episode

A/N: this one is quite serious since depression is something Jenna had actually struggled with, and still may. I don't know how hers impacted her, I'm using my personalized experiences and online resources. Everyone has mental health issues in their own way, if this is not how your depression works, it doesn't make you invalid, and it doesn't make me invalid. In this case, I will be using severe depression.

You were worried, no, worse, you were almost in a panic. Jenna hadn't been doing too good when you had left for the week long trip, you had known that, her mental state tended to hover sometimes, but this was worse than you had been expecting.

Everything was clean in the majority of the house, that was the problem, it was clear Jenna hadn't moved out of your guys room the whole time.

The bedroom wasn't necessarily dirty ether, the bed was unmade and a few clothes were on the floor, two cups tucking against the nightstand, Jennas computer open on her desk. The shower was running from inside the ensuite bathroom, telling you she was in the shower.

You made sure to open the door loudly as to not startle her, doing a quick run over of the bathroom. Used towels on the floor, a few more cups.

"Just gonna stand there? Not get mad, yell at me?"

You turned, seeing Jenna facing you, her face blotchy from the hot water. Even though her hair was rather tangled, she still looked just as pretty as you had remembered, leaving you in a few seconds of aw.

"Why would I yell?"

"I trashed the place...can't even clean up after my own damn mess," she shrugged, clearly blinking back tears.

"Jenna, I'm not mad at you for that, I would never be, I know winter can be hard sometimes, do you wanna get out of the shower? Come talk?"

The brunettes lower lip trembled. "I didn't know it would be so hard without you."

"I know, come on, your cooking yourself in that water, want me to turn it off while you get yourself in a towel?"

Jenna stepped out of the shower, taking a towel from the floor and wrapping it around her body as you turned off the tap.

"Come, let's get some fresh clothes."

A few minutes later, Jenna was in a fresh pare of sweatpants and a sweater, sitting on the floor near the dresser as you changed the sheets and made the bed.

"Do you wanna take those cups downstairs love?" You asked, gesturing to the cups on the nightstand.

Once Jenna had placed the cups in the dishwasher, she wandered back upstairs, her head heavy from the lack of sleep she had been able to get without your warmth.

"You wanna get some Chinese food? I know you like it, or you can choose something else. Anything you wanna eat, kay?"

"Uh, let's get sushi. I'm not really in the mood for Chinese food right now."

You called the sushi place, ordering a party platter. "Come here," you opened your arms, letting Jenna crawl up to you, holding you tight.

You brushed through Jenna's hair with your fingers as the two of you sat in silence, only your breaths filling the room.

"This is me trying," she whispered after a few minutes, her eyes fluttering open.

"They told you all of your cages were mental, so you got wasted like all your potential," you hummed the tune of the song. "At least your trying."

Jenna looked up at you with a giggle. "I didn't mean the song."

"I know, but I got to see you smile."

Jenna made a fake thoughtful face. "We should get drunk and watch Bluey."

"Um, how about no."

"It's a blast."

"Definitely not. We are not reliving the Paw Patrol incident."

Jenna rolled her eyes. "Fine. Let's watch it sober while eating."

You giggled at her and nodded. "Okay, we will watch a preschool show for fun."

"Do not insult Bluey like that. I watched it every night you were gone."

You kissed her noes lightly. "Okay."

The doorbell rung, making the both of you stand. "You go get on the couch, I will bring the food."

You quickly thanked the doordash guy, taking the sushi from him and heading back to the couch. Jenna had already turned on the show, which you found out was basically just adorable australien children who happend to be dogs running around with a happy family. To be honest it was probably one of the best shows you had ever seen.

Jenna placed her head against your shoulder. "I like it a lot better when your home."

"I do too."

A/N: HAHAHAHA THIS CHAPTER IS ABSOLUTELY SHI-