Math class

Prompt: Jenna is your math tutor man.

"It's not that hard! If X is three, what is Y?"

"Seven point five?" You frowned at the equation, wishing it came as simply for you as it did for others.

"Yes!" She grinned, giving you a quick high five. "See? A whole page of math in an hour! That's a new record for us."

You couldn't help but stare at the older girl. Normally tutors were around grade eleven for the other grade tens, but she had practically begged for it to be added to her schedule, why? You didn't know.

Even with that aside, many grade twelves refused to talk with anyone younger than them, and if you tried to even talk to any male eleven up, they jumped you. Bad.

"And that wraps for today." She started to shove her stuff back into her bag, pushing the chair into the kitchen table as she stood up. "The test will be a breeze, honestly." Maybe for her.

"Yeah, thanks for the help," you smiled softly, walking to the door with her and holding it open as she left, tossing her things into the back of her car. "See you tomorrow!"

"Will do!"

————

The test was not in fact, a breeze. You didn't know if you had passed, but if you had or hadn't, you definitely were not in the A area.

"Soo?" Jenna grinned at you as she leaned on the doorframe just outside your class. "Was it as easy as it was when you were practicing?"

The look on your face must have said enough, because her face fell ever so slightly. "Got it."

"It's not my fault some of the boys finished early and started talking!" You whined, letting her guide you through the halls and over to the bench where her friends (and occasionally you) sat.

"Well your teacher shouldn't be letting that happen in the first place! My teacher threatened to suspend a kid, not that she has the power to do that might I add, if he continued to make a scene. That wasn't even during a test."

"Lucky you." Emma and Joy smiled at you as you sat down, pulling out your veggie sandwich.

Emma pushed a mushroom in her pasta sauce aside, sending you a knowing look. "How many sexuality's, races and gender identity's did they take a hit at this time."

"Somehow I think they may have covered all of them, including some 'game is game' references. Again. It will be a real damn shocker for them when they step into the real world and end up in 'game is jail'."

Joy smirked at this, rolling her eyes. "Just wait until they figure out they need to wash their own dishes."

"And cook meals."

Everyone just laughed, while Jenna rolled her eyes. All you could do now was pray you had passed.

A/N: this is short af, but I'm currently writing chapter seven of Mistakes Were Made, so I'm trying yall haha