I get overwhelmed

This one's kinda short sorry!!!! Also I'm sorry if this is different than the meltdowns you have

This one's kinda short sorry!!!! Also I'm sorry if this is different than the meltdowns you have. Remember autism is kinda different for everyone. This is how my meltdowns work (I do actually have autism. I'm not a faker. Done with those people making everyone superstitious) and I'm sorry if it's not how yours do.

You felt Jenna's hand slip into yours as you walked through the park. It was nice here, almost fully alone, hoods down and still not being recognized. The autumn breeze was enough to make it slightly chilly through your thin sweater, but it was more refreshing than uncomfortable.

"Hey Y/N," Jenna leaned in closer, a slight smirk on her face. "Are you a tide pod? Because you look like a snack." (Credits to Anyway-Its-Rae for the idea)

You felt blush creep up your cheeks as you giggled. "You are unbelievable."

"I know, too stunning, to gorgeous, no one thinks I'm real."

Rolling your eyes, you let your head rest onto her shoulder, just trying again to take in how peaceful and quite it was. As time went on, you neared the end of the path, the sidewalk ahead, crowded with people.

"Social interaction," you mumbled as she pulled up her hood, trying to hide her face better.

"You will live, it's not like there are any..." she trailed off as a bright flash almost blinded the both of you. A man was in front of you holding a huge camera, others flowing in from the sides. Some people were yelling things but all you could hear was the familiar sound of your heart racing.

Jenna quickly tried to move through a small opening, pulling you with her, but a larger woman blocked the entrance, snapping a photo with her phone.

Every noise prickled your ears at once. You could hear everything. Some lady's pin had dropped but than someone was yelling something, though you couldn't make it out, and your heartbeat was so loud, the colours forced your eyes shut and your hands slammed over your ears uncomfortably.

You felt as your body hit the ground lightly and quickly curled yourself into a ball, feeling as your body rocked back and fourth, a familiar habit.

It was as if hands did nothing as it just got louder, and the pressure was starting to hurt.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM, LEAVE THEM ALONE!" The sound of Jenna's voice was clearly closer to you than anything else, but you heard the world around you silence a bit and Jenna grab your shoulders and hoist you up.

You didn't like touch, especially during a meltdown, but it was Jenna. For some reason so applied a harsh pressure that you found southing. All you could feel were your feet moving under you, a few tears running from your cheeks and the strong grip.

The sound seemed to disappear behind you until it was just a dull roar and you felt Jenna's hands let go.

"Hey y/n, it's okay. I have your headphones, can you take your hands off your ears?"

With your body feeling locked, your hands didn't move an inch, though you opened your eyes, staring at the spot just above her eyebrows.

"Do you not want them?" Jenna frowned for a few moments before a normal flash of understanding hit her. "Oh, do you want me to put them over your hands baby?"

Feeling your body loosen up, you nodded. Keeping a close eye, you watched as Jenna leaned over you and placed them on your head. Once she had leaned back, you pulled your hands out from beneath. The headphones were much more comfortable.

Jenna reached into her bag, pulling out a deep blue whale shark plush. His eyes were worn with age and his fluff was kind of flat, but you reached for him right away, pulling him to your chest.

"Thought you might want him buddy," she whispered, nearly impossible to hear with the headphones.

Once she sat next to you, you shuffled closer until you were almost on her lap, leaning your head on her shoulder. You felt her arms grip you strongly as she pulled your slightly smaller frame onto her lap and rocked back and fourth slightly until the tears finally stopped falling.

The whale shark plush, more commonly known as Kingy, was a little bit wet, but Jenna whispered a promis that he would dry. Placing him back in the bag, she called a privet car and held your hand tightly as the two of you waited.

All you could do is stare at her and wonder if she would ever know that she was your safe space.

A/N: it's late and I didn't proofread so I'm sorry if this is trash haha