Hitting and kicking

Prompt/request: Y/N has an autistic meltdown and hits Jenna. - lovesbunnies12
Tw: violence and mild SH

You pressed yourself into the corner of the room, pressing your hands over your ears. The sound of the lights humming sounded too loud, the floor bords were creaking, the headphones you had been wearing were heavy and itchy where your hair pressed under them, they now lay abandoned across the room.

"Y/N, calm down, I'm right here, can you just take a deep breath for me?"

No, you couldn't just take a breath. You wanted her to go away and let you be alone. You let out a small scream, trying to move away, but her hand clamped around your arm.

"It's okay, I'm right here," she moved her hand up, stroking your face. You started to rock back and fourth, grunting and trying to pull away.

Her other hand moved to your face and you snapped, jutting out your legs and kicking her.

"Stop!" Her arms trapped you, and she tried to move her body away from your thrashing legs. Why didn't she get it? You wanted to be let go of, she wasn't listening!

Freeing a hand, you swung it towards her, only realising what you were planning on doing when a loud smack rang through the room, followed by a gasp and Jenna throwing herself off of you.

If she had just freaking listened. Why had she ignored everything you communicated with your body. Had the kicking not been enough?

"What the fuck?!" Jenna cupped her cheek where a bruise was already forming. "I was trying to help you!"

More tears flew down your face, you had tried to tell her you didn't want the help. You slammed your head into the wall behind you, repeating the process until the back of your head was numb. When you opened your eyes again, Jenna was gone.

———

The meltdown lasted another hour, leaving you tried and the back of your head raw and sore. Normally Jenna put a pillow behind you so it hurt less.

The lights humming wasn't as loud, the colours weren't as bright, though the texture of your rough and itchy shirt still got to you.

You stood up, still feeling like you could brake down at any minute, and walked out of the bedroom.

Jenna was on the couch, some intense slasher playing out in front of her on the screen. She held ice to her cheek, the bruise not as bad as you had first thought it would be.

"I'm sorry." What else was there to say.

She paused the show, looking at you. "Why? I shouldn't have touched you like that when you clearly didn't want me to. I just didn't want you to hurt yourself by accident and I kind of freaked."

"I slapped you in the face!"

"You smashed your own head into that wall until it left a freaking dent, I don't care about some damn bruise." She put the ice down, standing up and walking over to where you were. "I think we need to talk about a form of communication when you can't talk to me with your mouth, okay?"

Communication, because you were too stupid to freaking talk. Too weak. Too-

"Y/N!" She went to take your hands, instead just holding her own inches from yours. "Can I bring you to the couch?"

You nodded, letting her take your hands and bring you over. Her hand felt kind of uncomfortable, you still felt overwhelmed by it.

"What about a white board," she mused. "Communication cards? I saw some shark ones you would probably like."

"What if I rip them?" You had the tendency to brake things when you got mad.

"We would laminate them, and you can always go with the white board." You didn't like white boards, wiping them down with your hands was bad and the cloth felt horrid.

"Cards sound good."

Jenna reached out, letting you lean into her and be pulled into a hug. "Next time hit and kick a little lighter, kay?"

You smiled lightly into her chest. "Noted."