My sunshine

Prompt/request: sick Y/N and Jenna comes home to him crying and sick, she knows he doesn't like doctors so she does the examination herself. -Jangofetthjamz
Male reader.
Btw first I wanted to show y'all your appartement layout for all my fics where there is one.

The lock to the door clicked as Jenna twisted the key, letting herself into the shared apartment

"Where are you, baby?" She lay her keys on the counter, rushing into the room and standing in front of the closet. The question wasn't actually necessary. This was where you always were when this kind of thing happened.

"My throat hurts," your voice was deeper than usual and clearly scratchy, the clear undertone of tears in your sniffs.

"I bet, can I come in?"

The closet door shifted, and you pulled it back, making just enough room for Jenna to squeeze through it.

At the sight of you, she knew something was wrong. Your lymph nodes were so swollen it was visible without much examination, your lips slightly purple and chapped, along with your face having dropped many tones lighter. Your chest seemed to heave with every breath as if it was a struggle.

Crawling forward in the space, Jenna lay her hand over your forehead, met with a harsh fever. "I don't have a number, but that seems like a hospital-level fever, maybe we should-"

"No!" Your voice cracked, but you didn't drop a death stare that you were sending her way. "...you do it," you whispered.

"Y/N, I can't examine you for dangerous things."

"Check the basics, if it's that bad...we can go." A fuzziness started around the edge of your brain.

Jenna stared at you for a moment but finally nodded. "Do you want to get on some nice and comfy clothes? Maybe your dino onesie? I know you always feel a bit better when small, maybe we can get those tears off your cheeks, hm?"

Littlespace sounded good. You wiped some of the drying tears off your cheeks, letting Jenna open the door fully and prop you onto her hip.

After Jenna had changed you into the Dino print onesie, she lay you down on the couch, rubbing your back as a cough ripped through your throat again, making you flinch.

"Mama's going to go grab her special doctor kit, okay?"

Though she no longer lived with her parents, her Mom had lent her some of her old stuff, meaning she had a fair bit of hospital equipment.

"Let's just do this like when we play doctor, okay?" Jenna pulled a blood pressure monitor, thermometer and stethoscope. "Do you want to sit up and put your arm out for me?"

You crossed your legs under you, holding out your arm and letting her wrap the cuff around your arm. "Gonna get tight?" You felt tears pricking your eyes again. You didn't like when it got tight.

"It will, but I'm in control of it, love."

"Stop it?"

"Yes, I will stop it if you need, are you ready?"

You nodded, hearing as she pumped the hand grip, pressing her stethoscope just above it.The cuff slowly started to tighten, and you felt your pulse in your arm. Too tight. Too tight! "STOP!"

"It's releasing already, it's just slower, can you wait a second? I promise it's almost done."

You took a deep breath, feeling hot tears run over your cheeks. Why did it hurt so much to breath? You coughed again, whimpering.

"All done!" Jenna placed the stethoscope around her neck and pulled off the cuff. "That must have been pretty scary, eh?" She rubbed your arm where it had been, then reached up and brushed away some of the tears.

"Tight."

"Yeah, nothing else will be tight. The good news is that nothings wrong with your blood pressure. Can we move on to taking your temperature now?"

"Mhm."

Jenna took out a plastic thermometer cover, sliding it over the bit that she would place in your mouth. "Okay can you open up for me?"

You lifted your tongue, letting her place it under before closing it again. A few seconds ticked by before it beeped.

"Oh baby..." she reached out and cupped your face, rubbing her finger up and down your cheek. "That can't feel very good," she put thermometer down, it's face flashing 102. 

"Hurts," you sobbed lightly, feeling pain spike in your chest again.

"Where does it hurt most?"

You placed your hand over your chest, then throat. "Ow!"

"Your chest hurts?" Worry flashed across her face, more prominent than before.

"Mhm," you coughed again, feeling phlegm fill your mouth.

"That's not good," she placed the stethoscope in her ears again. "Can I have you take some deep breaths for me?"

You let her put the plate against your chest, taking long breaths in and out. Each one made your chest throb.

"Oh that's not good," she whispered. "You have fluid in your lungs, Pneumonia most likely."

"Bad?"

"Not necessarily, we could probably go grab some over the counter antibiotics tomorrow."

"Doctor?"

"No, come here baby, want to nap on Mama for a bit?"

You nodded, crawling onto her lap and letting her rock you back and fourth, feeling as you slipped into sleep. The cold metal of the stethoscope pressed against your chest, and you opened an eye.

"Don't worry, I'm just listening to your heartbeat, baby."

"Heartbeat..."

"Yeah, do you want to hear it?"

"Mhm," you yawned. The ear pieces were pressed to your ears and an even thump pattern  relaxed you, making you drift off again.

"You sleepy?"

"Mmm," you heard your breathing.

"Okay, I'm right here," she started to hum, leaving you relaxed. Before you knew it you were fast asleep, not a care in the world, no longer feeling as sickness crawled through your throat and lungs, just your own heart, and the warmth of Mama's arms.