12

TW: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS STRONG DEPICTIONS OF GORE AND OTHER UNCOMFORTABLE TOPICS WHICH MAY BE UPSETTING FOR SOME READERS.

J.HANA DUL SET

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jisung
heyhey~~
how was ur first day there?!?!?!
i had a great time yesterday
oho the amount of attention i got!!!
well not like i wanted it
seungmin brought it upon me
hhahahahhahah~~~

jisung
such a good thing that i can cry on demand
well actually
now that ur in there and cant tell anyone about anything
shall i tell you a bit more about myself my friend?
oh yeah im not worried if youll get this information out
ur probably gonna stay in there until i decide to
hm
kill you isnt the word
but you get what i mean!!

jisung
you know about my parents being homophobic dont ya?
huu that guy i liked back there was really hot..
shame that hes gone now
i did have fun killing him though
it was so thrilling to see the life leave his eyes
haha!!

jisung
lets see
so yeahh i set the apartment on fire when i was just 
what
8?
yeah and i managed to survive because i was on the balcony
made it look like that the door got jammed and my parents couldnt escape in time
but in reality..
oh the joy of seeing their desperate screams and begs
the pounding on the glass of the balcony door
them pawing at it as if they could escape
i remember it alllll too well

jisung
every kill is like an artwork
it has meaning
i take time specially preparing it and all that
but no one suspects a thing because im from ttyl and they think i need it for props for something
just like the last guy i killed
that guy hung up
like a fish
ooooh seeing his jaws pop and his screams of pure agony when i hung him up
every victim has to be specific too
if he was just a pound or two heavier maybe he wouldnt have stayed up there
that would be wayyy more gruesome, no?

jisung
and my crush!!
i always loved his skin
so clear and doll like
it was gorgeous
shame that my parents didnt let me to get with him
but i really really reallllyyyyy loved his skin
im sure you can imagine what happened next
its fine though i gave him a quick death before i skinned him so he wouldnt have to feel the pain!!

jisung
are you not awake?? still not responding huh
its fine i can just keep talking until u see these messages!! 
everyone thinks im dying in my room and mourning over ur death
but little does anyone know ur actually alive!!
i still havent answered ur question on how we kill without feeling guilt have i?
very rude of me i do admit

jisung
during my trainee days i was actually studying criminal psychology by myself
thats why i was always late to meetings dance practises recording and all that
and i guess you could say these murders are
part of a research project
ive actually wrote two books of notes and i could send it over if you want!!
ill take a pic of a page wait up
seen.

Minho had just woken up to half a gazillion messages from Jisung. He stared at his homescreen and although he didn't want to read it knowing that it was probably a bunch of very unsettling things but as the saying goes, curiosity kills the cat. He opened the app and scanned through all the messages and Minho felt his jaws clench as he read through the disturbing content.

So this man killed his crush, both his parents, some innocent guy to make it seem like his friend died and probably more? And he's only 24.. God, this is honestly terrifying. But.. Who would believe me if I told anyone? Plus those are the most disgusting ways to kill someone.. He skinned his crush after killing him just because he liked his skin..? And how did no one find out that he's a serial killer yet? Is he that good? I mean his identity as an idol covers for it but.. god.

Minho was so deep in thought he didn't notice a message send through. Only after a minute or two did he see and it was an image displaying a page from the so called books of research Jisung had. This guy really killed his parents because they didn't support him being LGBTQ and then turned murders into research? Holy shit..

After a few moments of hesitation, Minho clicked into the image and his eyes narrowed as he tried to read the paragraph.

"The reason why it's so easy for some psychos to kill and then simply walk away devoid of any emotion is because as soon as the act is complete, we're already retelling the story to ourselves which transposes the murder. What that really means is that all of a sudden, the murder isn't 'our' act of killing anymore. It belongs instead to some fictional being, a character of our imagination, a monster that we cannot control. And how can someone feel guilt for something that they didn't even do? In our psychopathic minds, reality becomes fiction, a fabrication. The murder just becomes a game we play. Have you ever played cops and robbers? It's not real. As soon as the game is over, we are no longer cops or robbers. It's the exact same as killing. The moment we walk away, it's gone. We're no longer killers anymore. It's all left behind in the playground, which in our case, the crime scene."

Minho's eyebrows furrowed and he shivered as he closed his phone. This was the scariest type of killer there is. One who can't be easily discovered, one who actually has studied how the minds of psychopaths work and one who has insane acting skills and can have anything cover his act of murder.

Just then, a text appeared on his screen.

jisung - wait, your username is different from when i set it.. are you minho? who are you?

Minho gasped and he felt knots tie in his stomach. Just what would Jisung do after finding out that he had been texting the wrong person and actually discovers the fact that he just spilled all his secrets to the wrong person?

And another text.

jisung - ah, youre the lighting tech guy i accidentally texted earlier. so ur on crew.. that makes things easier to handle. ill see you tomorrow at the TTYL party then. :)

a.n

theyre going to cross paths soon hahHAJAHHAHAHHA