19

TW: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS STRONG DEPICTIONS OF GORE AND OTHER UNCOMFORTABLE TOPICS WHICH MAY BE UPSETTING FOR SOME READERS.

Silence.

"What? Shu? H-hah.. That's funny. What's actually bothering you Minho?" Yeori shook his head and he forced a smile.

"That's it. Shu.. He's dead. Because of me.. Fuck." Minho felt his body trembling and he plopped back down again, hiding his face in the blankets.

"N-no he's not. You're just joking." Yeori shook his head as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

"I wish I was." Minho mumbled from under the blankets so softly that Yeori could barely hear him.

"How is i-it your fault then?"

"Promise me you won't leave or hate me for this.."

"As long as it wasn't you who killed him."

"Someone wanted revenge on me but they won't fucking listen and decided to hurt him.. He even asked if I wanted you, Shu or Yumi to die but I obviously couldn't choose so he.." Minho's voice trailed off, not able to continue any further because of the guilt and pressure. He could feel Yeori's stare on him and he shrunk into the blankets even more.

"D-did you tell the police? And a-are you sure Shu's actually.. Y-y'know?"

"I don't have evidence that the person had killed him but I know he's.. Yeah. Fuck.. I'll go file a missing person report I guess.." Minho wiped the corner of his eyes to avoid crying again before standing up.

He noticed that Yeori had frozen on the spot, not wanting to believe the information he had just heard. Finally, he went after Minho and despite their broken state, the two went to the police station and filed the report.

"Does.. Does Yumi know?" Yeori asked in a shaky voice as they exited the police station.

"No.. I couldn't find the courage to tell her. She's going to hate me.. I'm surprised you didn't yet."

"Don't blame yourself Minho, it honestly has nothing to do with you. Killers are just fucked up, even if you could've done something, they probably would still.. yeah. Get some rest, I'm going back to my place. Fuck.." Yeori patted Minho's shoulders but Minho knew that Yeori was also trying his best not to break down right on the spot.

"Right.. Thanks man, I really really appreciate it." Minho nodded before going to his apartment. He knew he'd have to live on carrying the burden of Shuji's death and the more he thought about it, the more he blamed himself. He tried to get the thoughts out of his head but he just couldn't.

When Minho exited the lift, he noticed that his apartment door was flung right open and there was authority investigating it. He cocked an eyebrow and when he stepped closer, he saw blood splattered on his walls. A body was being pulled outside of the apartment and Minho's pupils shrunk seeing that it was none other than his best friend, Shuji.

No. No no no.. Jisung killed Shuji in my apartment..? If I had just stayed home and if I didn't go over to Yeori's then maybe I could've stopped it.. Fuck Minho, fuck! Minho clutched his head and didn't notice an officer approaching him.

"Sir, is this your apartment? I'm afraid you'll have to go somewhere else for the night. The police will provide you with a hotel as we continue this investigation. You will be brought in tomorrow morning for questioning too." The officer stated.

Minho nodded and another officer escorted him out the building to a nearby hotel. He was brought to his room and as soon as the door clicked shut behind him, Minho bursted into tears again. Just what had he done to deserve this? Why was Jisung doing this to him?

He had seen the body and Jisung wasn't lying when he said that he would skin Shuji. That just had to be the last image Minho had of his friend and he knew it was going to scar him mentally for the rest of his life. The hallucinations had already begun as he kept seeing distorted faces in his visions along with hearing things.

Whispers saying "DIE." repeated over and over in his head and Minho gasped for air, trying to get the voices out. He looked around the hotel room and found ropes tied to the bed post to keep the bed secured to the ground so no one could steal it. But I mean, who would steal a whole bed? Minho untied the rope and driven by madness, he stepped on a chair before tying the rope into a noose and hooking it on to the ceiling ventilation shaft.

It was as if someone else was controlling his body. Minho's whole body was trembling and he tied the noose around his neck, even more tears surging from his eyes and before he realised it, Minho had kicked the chair over.

a.n

........🙃