Escape

I walked inside of my room, lightning the first piece of Fabrik and letting it drop down on the wooden floor.

Run Rin. As quick as you can.

I ran out, leaving a trail of burning pieces of cloth behind me.

I ran so fast my lungs stared burning. In comparison to those laps in p.e this was a lot harder. Well, my life was depending on my speed right now.

I threw down the last piece of cloth, running inside a small room that I had found earlier today. It had an average sized window, that I would fit through perfectly.

I hectically started wiggling the door knob, with no use. Shit. Who locked this. I glanced around me, another window?

I saw a big one that I could smash open..since it was one of those windows that you couldn't actually open, they were just for aesthetic purposes. Well, that's at-least what I thought.

Come on Rin, you already did this before.

Alright, no sharp objects.. I guess my hand will have to do.

I centered my elbow at the corner of the window, taking a deep breath before attempting to smash it.

Alright, I saw a crack forming.
God, my hand wasn't even completely healed yet. But my other hand was way weaker, so it be useless.

I eventually smashed the glass, running through the cracked open window.

Then I ran. So so so fast. I could feel my thighs cramping and my lungs burning. God, this felt horrible. In combination with a lack of nutrition running wasn't great.

I was running through fields and forests, trying to search for any sort of civilization.

The adrenaline rush didn't allow me to feel the sharp pain of my bloody hand.
I'd have to go straight to the hospital. This had to be sewed closed.

I could only wonder about their reactions. Shock or anger? Hopefully both.

I suddenly saw lights in the distance..and was
That a building? Great!
I should probably stop at a hospital first. The adrenaline was wearing off, meaning I could feel the burning sensation of the deep wound.

I wasn't allowing myself to stop running. I had to continue until I reached a hospital.

I slammed the doors open, everybody's attention was on me now. I slowly walked to the glass counter, with trembling legs.
"Please, my hand needs to be...breath..sewed ..together..or closed."
The women behind the counter nodded, handing me a form and a pen.
"You'll be called in soon."

"How did this happen Miss.(I forgot her last name) ?"
I stayed quiet for a moment. I couldn't say the truth. What was I going to say?
"I was working with a glass object, and it just broke and slashed open my hand."
The doctor gave me a short , painless shot in the hand to minimize the pain.

I whimpered quietly as he started sewing my hand together. This anti-pain whatever shit was not working!

"Alright, all done. Be more careful from now on, okay?"
I nodded, "Yeah of course, I'm just a bit clumsy."
He smiled warmly at me, "I understand that."

I somehow managed to get the payment over email delivered, since I had nothing on me.
I guess I'd just have to use the tramp without a ticket.

I opened the door tiredly, slamming it shut and walking straight into my room.
Alright, 4am, I'd sleep until school.

-
I woke up with a loud groan, hearing Himari's loud voice.
"You're finally back!"
" What's the time?" I mumbled, hiding my face in my pillow.
"It's 6pm, I just got home from baseball practice."
My eyes widened in shock, "Yeah, great! I better get ready!"

I let the warm water relax my sore muscles, I really didn't want to go to school.
But I had to. I had to be independent and strong for Himari. Plus, I had a lot of missing days.

I often felt like crying, even now. Being kidnapped wasn't an easy thing. Escaping was even more traumatic.
Sometimes I was surprised that I didn't just break down. I didn't have anybody to talk to, never. I had to be independent and strong from such an early age on, sometimes I wanted to be comforted too.

Ahh Rin, what are you thinking? There are bigger problems in the world.

I stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around me. I was surprised I managed everything so well with my impaired hand.
After putting my uniform on, I went to the kitchen and ate my well deserved breakfast, or dinner I guess.

I brushed my teeth and brushed through my freshly washed hair. Hm, I hope those mukami's aren't unforgiving. Because I don't want them to hunt me down. Oh well, they definitely had bigger problems. Like there burnt down house..
God, I felt like a psychopath.

I sprayed some perfume on me before leaving the apartment , and comfortably walking to school.
My hand was bandaged up, making it so much more obvious.

My life has been so exhausting recently. Fires and kidnappings, and some romance problems!

I opened the heavy school doors, afterwards making my way to my first class.
I took out my pens and a notebook, playing around on some old phone I found. I might have to buy myself a new phone, but they were always so expensive.

I saw a shadow towering over me, staring down at my silhouette.
"Where have you been? What happened to your hand?"
My hand was gently lifted up by him, making the both of us lock eyes.
"I just cut myself..from some shards?"
Wow, what a miserable liar you are Rin! That sounded more of an unsure question, than an answer.
Suspicious flickered in his eyes, then nodding.
"So where have you been, hm?"

He knew I was lying. But that didn't matter, because I was not planning on telling him anything. Although I was pretty badass back then. Well, it was technically today. Not back then.

I smiled at him, "You should leave, my class is about to start."

I liked him, I really did. But he broke our trust, when he was messing around with me. It might've not been a big deal for him, but for me it was.
Maybe it was for the better. These vampires were bringing me nothing but drama anyway!

I sighed as I zipped my bag close, was Yui doing alright?
Wait. What if Yui was punished for my behavior? I didn't even think of any sort of consequence.
Maybe telling Reiji was a good option.

I exited the classroom, deciding to take a short bathroom break.

I went into the bathroom stall, taking out my phone and doing my business.

I stared down at my thong in shock.

-
Can somebody guess what's happening? No, probably not! Have a good night/day!