The Phantom (Pt.1)

You're a good boy. And I love you, son.

......

The next morning, Juniper woke up with her back aching and her neck so tense that she couldn't turn it. The Pogues slept at The Wreck and the only thing to sleep on were tables and the floor. Juniper and JJ slept on the floor and it took some getting used to, but at least they were together. 

Junie's stomach churns with the memories of last night flashing in her brain. She looks at the blonde next to him and wonders if she should tell him. She opens her mouth the start but he stands up and walks away before she can.

The Pogues start standing and sitting up to stretch, while JJ leans against the doorway. They took a second to notice the sirens that were heard, far off in the distance.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ says to Pope. 

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." Pope reasons.

"Let's hope." Juniper adds and walks up behind JJ. She wraps her arms around his waist from behind and presses her lips against his shoulder blade.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." Kiara says.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope says while JJ turns so that he can wrap his arms around Juniper's shoulders.

"They're going to be okay, all right?" He whispers before pressing at kiss onto the top of her head. She nods in understanding and takes a deep breath. "So find them before they do? Pope?" JJ questions while he grabs JJ's keys for his dirt bike.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope says and heads towards the door. 

"Hey, you be careful. Okay?" Kiara says to him.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." Pope says to Junie and JJ before turning and walking out of the restaurant. The couple shares a weird look, not missing how Pope blatantly ignored Kie, she follows the boy while JJ and Juniper wait on the porch.

"Okay, what is your problem?" She exclaims.

"No problem, officer. I'm just doing my job." He responds while getting on the bike and starting it up.

"Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings." Kiara apologizes once she stops next to him. 

He revs the engine of the bike over her. "What was that?" He asks in mock confusion.

"Look, I didn't mean to." She tries while he continuously revs the engine over her words.

"Sorry, I can't hear you. What was that?" He says.

"Pope, I'm being serious-" She tries to say before he revs the engine too loudly. "I'm trying to talk to you!" She exclaims.

Not a second after she finishes her sentence, he drives away.

"That was rude." Juniper mutters.

"Mm-hm." JJ agrees. The sound of helicopter blades fills the air.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ says as the teens watch the black helicopter fly above their heads.

The three remaining Pogues head back inside and start to get food ready for John B and Sarah to take on the boat they were stealing today. Juniper quickly changes her clothes from some she left here (Picture attached)  while JJ and Kiara fill her in on the plan, as well as Pope confessing his love the night before.