Gave Me A Family (Clay)

Part two of Give Me a Family! Enjoy!
———————————

Clay held your hand as you walked with him to the work party entrance. You wore a green maternity Maxi dress and according to your lovely husband you were glowing. "Alright my love I have to meet with a few of my colleagues and then we can leave, deal?" Clay said as he situated you down by the open bar.

"Clay, I'll be fine, go do your work and I'll just drink some sparkling water with some lemon since I can't drink alcohol, thanks to you!" You say pointing at your stomach.

Clay smirked and leaned in and kissed your cheek, "last I checked you were the one who was begging me for it, baby!" He says and you can't help but smile.

Clay kissed your lips before crouching down and kissing your belly. "Be good for your momma, little man!" He said and he stood back up. "I'll be back soon!" Clay said before walking off.

You wave over the bartender and you order a sparkling water with lemon. After you get your drink you sip it as you people watch. You saw your husband who was conversing with a few smartly dressed people.

You drained the rest of your drink and then left your glass on the bar. You braced yourself as you stood up and you made your way to the bathroom. You were about to open the stall door after doing your business when Addina and Savannah's voices came in. "I still can't believe Clay married that woman, he could have done so much better." Savannah's shrill voice said.

"I heard he knocked her up so now he's entrapped, I feel bad for that poor baby, to have that gold-digger for a mother." Addina said. That is when you unlock your stall and walk out startling the two woman.

"Evening girls, I overheard a very interesting conversation would you care to continue?" You ask cocking your head and raising your eyebrow for either of them to continue. Your fingers grazed over your belly and the two women noticed.

"Mrs. Beresford we didn't see you there—" Savannah began to say.

"Yes I'm quite sure that you didn't!" You mock slightly.

"That dress does wonders for your bump!" Addina tried to sweet talk you.

You hold up your hand for both women to shut up. "I don't care for these pleasantries, I will not inform my husband of what has been said so you can both keep your jobs. But do not mistake my kindness, if you so much as say one more bad word about me or my baby boy, I will get you fired faster than you can even blink, is that understood?" You threaten as you smooth down your dress.

The two women nodded and you bid them a good rest of their night before walking out of the bathroom. You felt proud! Women could say whatever they wanted about you, but the minute your son was involved in that conversation then it became your problem.

You walked over to your husband and looped your arm through his. He looked down and smiled at you and introduced you to the man he had previously been talking too. "Devin Pantinelli, meet my wife
(y/n) Beresford!" Clay introduced you happily.

The Italian man smiled and grabbed your hand and left a kiss on it. "Lovely to meet you, signora!" He said.

You nodded and was introduced to Mr. Pantinelli's own wife, Lucretia. "It's lovely to meet both of you!" You say kindly.

"Oh how far along are you, dear?" Lucretia asks.

"8 months this Monday." You answer and she smiles.

"You look absolutely exquisite for almost 8 months!" Lucretia complimented and you smiled.

"Yes I tell her that everyday but rarely does she ever believe me." Clay joked and you pushed him on the shoulder jokingly.

"(y/n) would you care for a drink while our boys talk?" Lucretia invites and you look at Clay and he nods.