When We Were Young (Lorenzo)

Prompt:You and Lorenzo had known each other for years. You had been friends when you were young and before you left the city he kissed you and years later you meet up again.

Your betrothed looks like Klaus Mikaelson, image up top. Also I will have insults towards his appearance in this story. That does not depict how I see the actor or Klaus Mikaelson, but it is just for the stories sake.
———————————

Your horse drawn carriage kicked up dust as it rumbled along the dirt road. You were returning to your home city after years of being gone. You are to be wed to Giovanni Porpenti and you were not happy. You had met Giovanni only once before and he had been pompous and barely glanced in your direction.

How you had been intended for this pompous pig you didn't know. It had all been your fathers idea who meant for you to be married and he had struck a deal with Giovanni's father.

Passing a Nunnery an hour later you saw a young man walking past and stared at him. He looked up at the carriage and saw your eyes and you recognized his. "Stop the carriage!" You call to one of your servants and the carriage halted and you called to the man, "Lorenzo di Lamberti?" You call to your best friend.

"(y/n) de Borgia, is that really you?" He asks looking up at you astonished as he had not seen you in 6 years. You had grown even more beautiful in the past years and Lorenzo's infatuation with you from all those years ago was coming back. "How longs it been?...six years?" He asks and you nod with a smile.

"Where are you headed, I'm sure we can give you a ride?" You ask wanting to help your old friend out.

"I'm heading back to Florence!" He answers and you smile.

"Perfect, that's right where we are headed, come along!" You order him and your friend can't help but follow you and sits down next to you.

"My lady I must advise against this!" The servant controlling the reins speaks.

"You will do well to remember your place, Piero, and watch your tongue if you wish to keep it!" You remark and Piero gulped and turned his head back around.

"Yes, my lady!" He said before snapping the reins and we began to move once more.

"I see you have not lost your wit after all these years!" Lorenzo whispers in your ear and you look up at him.

"I am a lady with little privilege compared to a man, Lorenzo; sometimes my wit is the only thing I truly have!" You explain to him. "So would you like to explain why I found you on the side of the road?" You ask him changing the topic.

"I crossed swords with a man named Gerbino De Ratta and we chased each other out of Florence, and I finally struck him down outside of the covenant you found me at." He told you the story and you laughed.

"Always find yourself in trouble don't you, Lorenzo?" You ask and he laughs.

"That may be true, but what's your story? Why are you returning to Florence?" He asks and you look away clenching your jaw, and Lorenzo noticed.

"I am to be married in half a fortnight to Giovanni Porpenti!" You admit and at that confession you lose your composure and breakdown. You dab at your eyes with your handkerchief.

Lorenzo's face grew angered as he gripped the hilt of his sword. "Your to be wed to that vain, boar-headed, brute?" He asked insulting your intended, not that you minded since every word he uttered was the truth.

"It was not my choice, Lorenzo!" You hiccup and Lorenzo realized he needed to console you. He wrapped his arms around you and you sniffled into his tunic. Lorenzo couldn't bare to see you so upset. You had been such a confident child, how had the world broken you so terribly?