Come back to me (Clay)

Prompt: Before Clay's surgery you give him some news. During his surgery his replacement heart gets tampered with, but then his mother sacrifices herself for him.
———————————

Before Clay is to be wheeled into surgery I am aloud to talk with him for a moment.

He looked over at me and smiled, "by God your beautiful!" He said in awe of me, "how'd I get so lucky?" He whispered and he lifted his hand and wiped a tear from my cheek

He looked over at me and smiled, "by God your beautiful!" He said in awe of me, "how'd I get so lucky?" He whispered and he lifted his hand and wiped a tear from my cheek. "Why you crying?" He asks me.

"I just don't wanna lose you, Clay; I can't!" I whisper wiping my own cheeks with my hands. "I'm pregnant so you better come back to me!" I tell him and his eyes widened.

"Your pregnant?" He asked in surprise and I nod.

"Roughly 6 or 7 weeks!" I say happily.

Clay smiles, "God I love you!" He says before leaning up and kissing my lips. He pulls back and touches my stomach, "I'll come back, beautiful!" He promised looking at me with eyes filled with love.

He held my hand and brought it to his lips to kiss making me smile through my worry. "I love you, beautiful, and I know my new heart will love you just as much as my old one! I'll see you soon!" He promised.

Jack came to take Clay away and Clay held my hand until the distance forced me to let go. "I LOVE YOU!!!" I called after him and although I couldn't see his face I knew that he was smiling.

I went back to the waiting room, and Clay's mother stands and opens her arms to me. I didn't think twice before I buried myself within them. "He's strong, honey; he'll pull through!" She assured me and I tried to calm down.

"I just can't lose him, I'm pregnant, I can't lose him!" I mutter and Lilith pulls away from me in surprise.

She smiled at me, he's going to make it, sweetheart; I can promise you that!" She said hugging me before ushering me to sit down.

An hour and a half later Dr.Nair informs us that Clay's heart has been tampered with, so they are unable to do the heart transplant.

It felt like a slap to the face; I felt like my heart was dying inside myself. I dropped to my knees and was racked with sobs. I screamed in agony and nurses and doctors tried to quiet me, but I pushed them aggressively away. But then I felt a calming hand being placed on my shoulder.

I look up to see Lilith who had tears in her own eyes. She knelt next to me and wrapped me in her arms, she rocked me like a mother would her fussy child. My heart slowed down and my breathing became steady. "(y/n), you need to calm down, it is no longer just you anymore; go with Nurse Audra and she'll give you a checkup ok?" She said. "I love you like a daughter, (y/n) take care of yourself, dear!" She said before Nurse Audra took me to get examined.

Lilith sighed and watched me go, before grabbing my purse and digging through it. She eventually found what she was looking for. Clay's pills and a piece of paper.