Will She Say Yes? (Clay) (slight smut)

Clay's POV

I turned to look and see if (y/n) was asleep in our bed. Luckily for me she was dead asleep. I slowly and as silently as I could I opened the drawer of my nightstand and there it was; the black velvet box that held my girlfriend's engagement ring and I silently pulled it out.

 I slowly and as silently as I could I opened the drawer of my nightstand and there it was; the black velvet box that held my girlfriend's engagement ring and I silently pulled it out

I looked once more to make sure that she was asleep before I opened it. I had asked (y/n)'s sister, Daniella to help me find the perfect ring for her. I hoped she would like it, but I more hoped that she would say yes.

I felt a shift in the bed and my eyes widened. I closed the box and placed it back in my drawer for safe keeping. I looked over and saw (y/n) who had moved subconsciously closer to me. I smiled and wrapped her up in my arms.

She snuggled even closer to me, and laid her head on my chest. I kissed my loves forehead, before going to bed myself.

————-
(y/n) POV

Me and Clay's 3 year anniversary was today. I wasn't to worried about it since I didn't have to get him anything. We never got each other anything, because it showed him that I wasn't with him for the extravagant gifts he could get me, or the lavish lifestyle he could give me; I was with him because I loved him for who he was.

Clay had told me to be ready at 6 so I waited until 4 before getting ready. He had told me to dress moderately casual so I did just that with the little information he gave me.

You can change the clothes, I honestly don't give a shit, but this is just an idea of what you could be wearing

—————————————-

Because it was late October in New York I made the wise decision of wearing a coat. Though I doubt Clay would have minded if he had to give me his. But airing on the side of preparedness I decided to wear one anyway.

At 5:30 I descended the stairs and Clay smiled when he saw me. He held out his hand and I was quick to place my manicured hand into his. He looked me up and down before speaking, "you look beautiful, my love!" He complimented making me blush softly.