Comfort

The Mafia Executive, the most peerless in the Port Mafia was running an errand for his Boss. An errand is the safe name to say since what the ginger is currently doing is definitely not to be label as a mission. To hell if this is what you call a regular mission when you happened to babysit two children.

One is definitely not a human but a personification of the boss ability while the other is a young boy who wields a dangerous dark curse ability. But of course, people who are strolling with their loved ones and parents enjoying watching their own children playing at the amusement park of the city were completely unaware of this.

Being Mori's right-hand man could be a pain sometimes but the petite mafioso couldn't turn down the said errand. It was given by the leader of the most dangerous organization in Yokohama after all. So with that being said, the petite executive doesn't have the right to question what task he was given. He is a good follower and ever loyal to the Port Mafia.

Besides even no one directly mentions it, the whole organization knows that Chuuya is evidently fond of children. He likes taking care of them. And children, for some unknown reason, are attracted to the ginger's cold but at the same time warm personality. (P/S: A tsundere to the core)

The ginger was now standing under the shades of a nearby tree watching Elise and Q building a castle on the sand. They were currently in the playground.

The young ones busied themselves in running, laughing and playing in the monkey bars, the swings and slides and other forms of recreational structures built for children's entertainment.

Chuuya was considering the errand as his free pass if not for a certain annoying mackerel who just popped out in the leaves of the tree with his head upside down. The ginger almost yelled curses for having a heart attack.

It would be best to leave the place and grab the two children. It's almost near dawn and the executive doesn't want to ruin his day because of a rotten half-baked mummy. He turned his heels, ready to fetch the youngsters.

"Oi Chuuyaaaa~"The brunet sing sang. His playful tone was loud and clear making the people around stopped to their tracks and glanced at the suicidal maniac whose body basically sways on the branch of the tree.

The ginger, against his will, turned around and face his rival. "What do you want, mackerel?" He gritted between his teeth.

"Aren't you going to save your beloved partner from the deadly noose that was about to suffocate him to death?~" The dramatic act was present along with the fake tears that the hatrack loathes.

Chuuya just scoffed and put his hand on his hips. "I thought you always dream to die. How come you want me to save your petty life?"

"But I already saw the chibi! Even though he's so small like a little fairy~" Dazai answered with a whiny tone.

"B*stard! Do you want me to save you or not?" The ginger growled.

"Of course, I do! Now would you please do the chivalry to put me down? I think all my blood have rushed through my brain and I feel I'm getting sick." The suicidal detective resumed his usual tone. Looking closely, his lips were pretty pale and his face is turning bluish.

With a swift move, the petite mafioso threw his dagger at the exact direction. The noose loosen and was cut delicately releasing the lanky neck of the dying mackerel.

Dazai coughed few times before he managed to stand straight. "You almost aim for my neck. My bandage was grazed." He pouted.

"Really? I guess my skill has rusted. I should practice aiming precisely for my targets again then." Chuuya just snickered.

"You did it on purpose." The brunet detective deadpanned.

The mafia executive just shrugged. "That's up to you to decide." He started to walk away to gather the young ones when he was suddenly grabbed by his wrist. The ginger immediately scowled. "What the f*ck are you doing?" He hissed swatting the hand away making the sh*tty beanpole released him involuntarily.

"I could say the same to you. Are you just going to leave your poor partner alone in this cold dreaded place?~" Dazai made a puppy eyes making the ginger screams internally in his head.

Chuuya let out a long sigh and fished out his phone. He started tapping on the phone screen before bringing it to his ear. With three rang, someone in the other side of the line answered.

"Hello, Chuuya-san! Why did you call?"

"Sup, Tachihara. Do you mind getting Elise and Q here at the amusement park? Something unexpected came up." The ginger glared at the mackerel who just smirked in return. "I can't accompany the youngsters back in the PM headquarters."

"Sure. Gin and I are actually close in the area. Be there in fifteen minutes."

"Thanks." The executive ended the call and faced the amused bandaged freak who was grinning from ear to ear. "Wipe that sh*tty grin from your face. You look like a creep." The ginger snorted.

The mackerel dramatically gasped. "Why? I just couldn't believe that you put aside your errand and took me as your priority. That made me so happy, my dear slug~" He smiled sheepishly and clasped his hands together causing the irritated mafia to smack him hard on the head. Dazai yelped from pain. "Why do you always act harshly? I'm just stating a fact. Chibi is a meanie~!"

"Yeah right." Chuuya rolled his eyes and started rubbing the area where he hit the annoying fish. The suicidal maniac blinked twice, his body suddenly became stiff. He was not expecting this action from the chibi. "What the hell happened?" The ginger asked with all seriousness.

Guess masking the emotion didn't pay up. The hatrack saw right through the brunet acts.  But then again this is Dazai we are talking about. He immediately took a step back and put his usual facade. "What are you saying, chibi? Did your hat eventually eat your small brain?" He still managed to aggravate the gravity manipulator and feigned innocence.

"Don't ever think that playing jokes and changing subjects will get me, sh*thead!" The ginger snarled.

Dazai hesitated at first but eventually gave in. With his emotions in turmoil and his restless feelings, the day is definitely against him. "It's his de--anniversary." The brunet softly mumbled.

The executive then realized that today is the tenth of January.  The gruesome day where one of the mackerel's important person was selfishly snatched to him by death. "Did you at least pay him a visit?" The ginger's voice mellowed.

"Yes. Odasaku will surely haunt me if I neglected his tombstone." The brunet stated trying to sound cheerfully.

Chuuya made a 'tch' sound and abruptly pulled the tall brunet close. "Don't try to put an act on me, mackerel." He started running his knuckles to those fluffy hazelnut hair and slowly stroke the back of the brunet's bandaged neck.

Dazai felt his body eventually relax. He slowly wrapped his arms to the ginger's tiny waist. "Thank you for being alive." The voice was so low only enough for the chibi to hear.

A faint smile formed from the lips of the petite mafioso. "I'll always be here, partner."