Misunderstanding

The 'cold war' (as they called it) is being felt not just by the members of the Armed Detective Agency but also by the people of the Port Mafia. In fact, the so-called silent battle between the infamous Double Black unexpectedly turned into a wide catastrophic event.

The battle didn't devastated the citizens of Yokohama which is still to be thankful for, but nonetheless caused turmoil and problems to the two organizations. Both groups came into conclusion that the deadliest duo has now become close to an abrupt end. Their relationship went haywire and their was no used mending it.

The Port Mafia Commands Units and the Black Lizards together with the young detectives of the ADA joined forces just to patch things up but ended up in a complete failure. (P/S: The undying hatred was even set aside by their present mentees).

The President and the Leader of both parties also took a stand and made some effort just to fix the broken ties, however it turned out fruitless. Reconciliation is futile.

What's more worst is that the greatest detective, their only last hope, neither initiates a nice and sound plan nor even care about the whole situation. Ranpo even declared that it was useless and not worth of his time.

And so they went to take the drastic action that could solve their present ordeal. That is to turn (more likely to speak) to the root cause of the problem, which is none other than, the living bandaged menace, Dazai Osamu.

The people don't have much of a choice since most of the operations can't be done successfully without the brain and muscle of the Twin Dark working in sync. All of the missions and cases became an absolute mess and the two heads of the organizations are not taking the matter lightly.

The two persons concerned are clearly responsible for the chaotic situation. But both are acting indifferent about the stress they are causing.

"If you could just lower your pride and admit that you're the one at fault, then everything could be resolved." The uptight blond detective was busy reprimanding the sh*tty beanpole.

His lanky partner just shrugged. "I don't have any idea what you're talking about, Kunikida-kun."

"It's the case that we have recent ago. You and Nakahara-san were supposed to go together but ended up going solo. Due to that, we almost let a serial killer escaped and a mere civilian almost killed.

Dazai just rolled his eyes towards his high maintenance partner. "Almost. Almost is entirely different from complete. And to refresh your mind, he still caught the serial killer and I still saved the uninjured civilian. We still made the mission successful. So I don't see the reason why are you being so uptight about it."

The idealist rubbed his temple and looked at his partner increduously. "You just don't get it, do you?"

"Nope. Not at all!~" Dazai stated nonchalantly.

Kunikida closed his eyes and let out a deep breathe. He decided to be a good and understanding partner once in a while and lengthen his patience. After silently performing his new found mantra, he opened his eyes and looked scornefully at his partner. "Look. I don't get it either. Be it your f*cked up personality or your ambiguous relationship with your former partner. But even so, since our temporary truce is now being affected by your lousy dealings with Nakahara-san it's my prime responsibility to fix it. So be a little mature for once and clear the matter between you two."

The beanpole blinked twice with his mouth agape from the lengthy reproach that his uptight partner just dropped on him. "How can you be such a nagger?!~" The mackerel exclaimed.

"That's how I'm built. Now don't ever start to think that you can get away with this or I'll have to exercise my power to talk to the president to get you out of the job."

Obviously, Kunikida Doppo, the former math teacher, is definitely not messing around this time. He has enough stress piling up and as you can see it's causing a great toll on him.

The bold words may seem like a threat but the genius detective finally took a hint and for the first time gave in to his partner's (over demanding) request.

"You guys are over reacting about such trivial matter. But sure, I'll grant your wish." With the ending statement, the bandaged nuisance was gone.

A quarter of an hour passed when the formerly known infamous duo met in a small coffee shop. The place was definitely serene and quiet with only a few customers enjoying their warm and hot drinks on their tables.

"Why are we meeting?" An annoyed look was the first greeting that the brunet received.

"Why can't we?" Dazai smirked and started teasing.

"Why should we?" Chuuya scoffed and shot back in return.

"Why couldn't we?" The lop-sided grin and wriggling eyebrows is not doing any good. The bandaged suicidal maniac might as well get his death wish.

The cozy atmosphere became suffocating and heavy. Those customers seated nearby felt nausea all of the sudden. With a swift move, Dazai immediately flicked the executive's forehead.

"F*ck! Why do you do that for?!" Chuuya growled and glared daggers at his former partner.

"Are you going to expose yourself just because you can't handle a simple joke? Those gravity waves of yours will cause intense headaches to people."

A silent cussed was heard followed by other words of profanities from the gravity manipulator.

"I have a terrible long day, Dazai. So if you're just seeing me just to ruin my already f*ck up day, then save it for sometime." Chuuya turned his heels and started walking out.

Before the hatrack could even touch the doorknob, a slam was heard on the glass door. The scenario caused some stir to the people. All attention was now on them.

"You dipsh*t! I really don't have time for this! Stop messing around!"

"Chuuya...you won." A low shallow voice came from the brunet.

"Huh? Wh--" The mafioso momentarily stilled, completely stunned. He managed to compose himself before speaking just enough for the sh*tty beanpole to hear. "Oi! What are you doing?!"

The mackerel just propped his head on the ginger's shoulder not minding the strange gazes of the people around them. He didn't budge a bit and just remained in that embarrassing position.

"You won the bet. I lost, okay? Now stop treating me like I'm just one of your subordinate. I couldn't stand anymore the cold and silent treatment game you're really good at playing." Dazai muttered.

"Oh...I thought you said that you're fine with us having a civil relationship of being just mere partners in paired-up missions. Just short and brief conversation. That's how this bet was proposed, right? How come you're suddenly backing down? It's only been a month."

"No!~ You're only saying that because you're not in my shoes. My coworkers as well as your fellow subordinates think that I did something wrong. It already caused a huge misunderstanding between the two organizations. They believed I'm clearly the one at fault!~" Dazai went with his complaints.

The hatrack slowly turned to look at the man-brat. He fondly ruffled those soft tousled choco brown hair. "Blame that to your sh*tty personality."