Part 3

Pink Seven noticed the friends that had just run past her. She sighed, hoping anyone would notice her pain.
But she wouldn't let the spark of hope get crushed. She stood up and looked around the playground.

Algebraliens climbing up the small clock tower replica...

Algebraliens on the small track...

X was one of the Algebraliens running around.

He looked a little worn out now.

He walked over to the bench and sat down.

"Hello," said Pink Seven.

"Oh, hi," said X.

"I have been having a little bit of trouble lately. I was hoping that I'd find someone who would listen to my words. Would you be fine if I shared my current problems with you?"

"Sure," said X. "I don't mind. My current goal - or one of them - is to help those in need."

"Oh, okay...
So..."

"Go ahead. My friends won't mind."

"So, Negative Three and I...
We have been losing our love for each other ever since we lost the one that we cared about the most. The number we raised together.
Well, a few nights ago, both of us had a big fight, and following that, a huge falling out. I was hoping you'd understand... but I am not sure if you would -"

"No, I get it! That's what Four's death did to me and my friends!"

"So, you can help me?"

"Of course. If you ever need me, you can just give me a call! I will try to answer whenever I can!"

Suddenly, Pink Seven saw somebody who grabbed her attention.

A white circular piece of paper designed like a clock.

She was attached.

"Is it something I said?"

"Not at all, young variable, not at all."

Pink Seven carefully approached the one who was figuratively calling for her, when suddenly she tripped over a scooter and went flying.

She felt a hand grab hers. Then another hand. After that, she was floating.

She looked forward.

The paper man was now holding on to her. He seemed to be feeling the same way that she did.

"I'm Paper Clock," he said rather nervously. "I saw you flying through the air, and... I couldn't resist helping you. My lack of legs helped perfectly."

"Why, thank you," said Pink Seven. "H-hope to meet again later."

Paper Clock chuckled. "Maybe. You seem like the kindest of kind hearts, and the funny thing is that you aren't heart - shaped! What's your name?"

"Pink Seven."

"Farewell, Pink Seven," said Paper Clock, placing the blushing number gently on the ground. "I hope to see you soon."

A couple of pink crayon - drawn hearts formed on Paper Clock's face as he left the park.

All of the Algebraliens on the playground set and on the ground playing looked at each other with a small feeling of knowing what was going to happen.
Pretty much everyone saw what happened, after all.

Pink Seven, still blushing, tiptoed out of Time Teller Park.

(Quick a/n: If Paper Clock's character feels a little too "trope - like," like the hamdsome hunk or shy guy, I may change it later in the story. He may be a guy with a fluid personality.)

Word total: 531