Part 14 [CW]

CW: Racism, some homophobia, and general ab*se

Looney decided to check what to do next.

Thirteen had filled out his paperwork, and whatever came next.

Obelus was helping out with decorating - that's it.

The wedding needed more vendors.

A photographer, a florist, and a videographer, if she could even find one.

So, she set off to find someone.

Luckily, One Million was great at photography and agreed to help out.

A florist?

Obelus and Flower agreed to fill in that role.

A videographer... possibly?

"Easy," said Octahedron. "Next college degree, here I come!"

So those were some roles filled out...

But the wedding was in one week, and the roles of wedding and vendor spaces were not getting filled in fast enough.

So, she created a website designed to get people signed up for various wedding things that she learned about in planning earlier weddings.

Or whatever roles that they'd fit.

When more roles were filled (hopefully), the dinner rehearsal would happen unless roles weren't helped by the website.
Then the dinner - rehearsal would happen three days before the actual wedding.

Hopefully, roles would be figured out by then...

***

Paper Clock's family was searching around for things and reasons to disapprove of his fiancé.

Mainly, his parents.

His sister, Plastic Circle, on the other hand, liked his fiancé. She disagreed with what her parents thought about her brother marrying a non-object.

"This is madness!" said Plastic Circle's mom. "An ALGEBRALIEN?! Really?! That's like - a Davidian marrying a speaker box!"

"It makes sense if they love each other, Momma -"

"Shut up!" said Plastic Circle's dad. "Algebraliens use their magic to HURT us! Speaker Boxes dismantle us! You wouldn't want to befriend a SPEAKER BOX, would you?!"

"What year are you living in where species turned against each other? That was HUNDREDS OF YEARS ago! And I would befriend a speaker box IF YOU WOULD LET ME OUT OF THE HOUSE!"

The two remained speechless for a little bit.

"We let Paper Clock out of the house so that you could have a role model," Plastic Circle's mother lied.

"What, I can't make myself into my OWN role model? Screw role models!"

"Easy there, little miss," said Plastic Circle's father in a warning tone.

"NO! I won't go easy! I demand to know why Paper Clock gets to go to school and leave the house whenever he wants!"

"Well, young MISS, he knows how to fight those stupid species better!"

"LIAR! He has never fought anyone, and he never chooses to pick a fight with anyone! I can fight well! Just watch!"

"Well, suit yourself," the father replied hesitantly.

Plastic Circle's mother grabbed her.

"HEY! What are you doing? Put me down! Let me go right now -"

Her mother then proceeded to knock her out.
She marched to the basement.

Plastic Circle's father didn't follow his wife for once.

He looked through his belongings and found a heart locket.

"Oh... Bulletin...
What have I done wrong?"

***

Paper Clock felt strange about going home that night...

Something was obviously wrong.

He never got the chance to stand up for his little sister, for when she was at home (which she always has been)...
When he came home, she was locked in her room, and she was ominously quiet.

It was pretty obvious that he was the favorite, after all - wait.

He got to say everything...
Plastic Circle got to say nothing.

A thing that his parents once told him...

It
finally
clicked.

(Short A/N: Paper Clock's backstory will be revealed separately and soon. Until then, stay tuned.)

Word total: 600