Part 6

3 months after Pink Seven and Paper Clock were anonymously confirmed to be in a relationship, Rectangle decided to continue investigating because the two lovejects just became fiancés, and he wanted to figure out who was behind all this.

Judging by the username, he decided to question Pi.

It was worth noting that she only used Integergram and never posted her art on social media because they claimed that the expectations and reputation of social media would diminish the quality of their art.

But Rectangle decided to ask her because it could give him some clues.

He went to Pi's house and knocked on the door.

Three answered the door.

"Oh, hello, Rectangle," it said as she tried to figure out why someone like Rectangle was at the door.

Rectangle, of course, answered that question without knowing.

"I need to see Pi. She may help me crack this case."

"Like the time you figured out that you were related to us? I mean, you ARE like the same purple color."

"Yes, but that's not the -"

"THREE!" The sound of a familiar angry voice called.

"Gotta go!" said Three as they ran to their room.

Pi stomped to the door.

"Sorry about that," said Pi. "Three stole one of my canvases and gave it to One for some reason. Still gotta figure that out. Anyways, what do you need, half-sib?"

"I am here because I feel I must question you about a certain username."

"Oh, not this again. You're trying to figure out who posted those pictures of the lovejects, aren't you?"

"Yes."

"Well, I will tell you this NOW.
I DID NOT do it. I only go on Integergram, and the photos were not posted there. I'll show you my Integergram for proof."

Pi showed Rectangle their phone, and the account on the screen said
Arationotart546.

So she was obviously not the culprit.

Rectangle decided to question another Pi who lived a little while away. This other Pi was almost always on social media, they claimed, and they never did art because he never knew how to draw.

Rectangle knocked on the door, and the other Pi answered.

"Hello there, friendo! What do you need?"

"You know about social media accounts and stuff, right, orange Pi?"

"Yes. Why?"

"There's an account called Anonymous3_14 on a platform that posted pictures of a relationship. Do you happen to be behind the account?"

"No," said the confused irrational. "I mean, I was at Fancy Fancy, but I was nowhere near the couple. The pictures show Pink Seven on the left and Paper Clock on the right, but I sat down, and Pink Seven was on the right, while Paper Clock was on the left. I didn't watch whatever they did while the waiter was waiting on them. It was gross."

"Okay," said Rectangle. "Did you see the waiter?"

"No, but I did see a rainbow infinity sign running out of Fancy Fancy, seemingly afraid."

Infinity.

That cleared things up a little more.

"And, if I remember correctly, I could've sworn that I saw a waiter apron flying in the air."

A lot more.

There would be about enough proof to prove that Infinity posted the photos, but to be sure, Rectangle decided to ask the two that Infinity was hanging out with...

Divide and Times.

***

Two and X heard the news about the wedding, and X had the idea to go to Object Hobby to buy presents.

"I'm so excited!" said Two. "I can't wait for the wedding!"

"Did you get a present?" X asked Two. "At least one?"

"I mean, you and Six are my best presents, the best gifts I could ever ask for!"

Two winked at X.

"No, I meant for the WEDDING, silly number!"

"Oh, that? Not really...
But I do know...
What the couple would love."

"Oh yeah!" said X. "You mean..."

"Uh-huh! We know where to go to get it! The newest Spoiled Lemon track! Come on, X!"

Two dragged X to Object Hobby to get the gift.

The both of them purchased the gift, had it wrapped, and then played the games at the store.

Infinity snuck around the aisles, looking for a book to give Rectangle.

Two and X, in their fun spree, saw him.

"Hello, Infinity!" said Two. "What are you up to?"

"Oh, I'm... j - just looking for a book... a book..."

"Who's it for?" said X.

"Um... Rectangle. I just... I can't seem to find it."

"Okay," said Two. "But you know what he likes?"

"Of course. W - Why wouldn't I?"

"Just checking!" said X. "I found this cool detective novel. I'm sure they'll like it! They love the series."

"Thanks for the suggestion," said Infinity.

"No problem!" the two Algebraliens happily said as they left the shop. X turned around, gave the book to Infinity, and left.

Now, Infinity had a gift. Time to get it wrapped.

***

One was painting a lovely picture in Divide's room, using a canvas that Three got him, when they heard talking upstairs. It seemed strange. Divide hadn't arranged any visits... so who was there?

He snuck upstairs and went over to his grandma's room.

They hid behind a few boxes and saw Rectangle.

Rectangle was asking Divide about Infinity, but Divide sounded upset. A mix of worried and angry.

It had been a while since One had heard or seen him that angry.

So he secretly left the room while covered by the boxes that they hid in and headed back downstairs to resume painting. They used their powers from their legs (and his legs themselves) to paint a lovely landscape.

It looked great so far. One couldn't wait for the paint to dry so they could paint more, then finish the painting and look for the perfect wrapping paper. Or store it in a box, then wrap the box.

One was silently going over ideas when Divide stomped into the room, laid down on their bed, and then cried.

"What's wrong?" One asked them gently.

Divide sniffled. "Rectangle asked me about Infinity, and I would want to rat them out, but I don't want them to stop being my friend, WHICH THEY MIGHT, and even so, helping Infinity out was the last thing I wanted to dooooo.... *sob*"

One sat on the bed with Divide.

"On the plus side, he rarely leaves friendships if it's a minor problem, which it is if you don't look too much into it."

"*sniffle* What if I do? You heard our plan, and you knew what we were doing."

"Well...
If it influences... or causes something to go wrong, then it's a problem. Even more if anything that can go wrong....
will go wrong."

Word total: 1121