7. "Tasks and Goodbyes"

› A WEEK LATER:

The two girls have been on their secret missions for the past week and had managed to destroy all nests, making the city slightly less dangerous in some neighborhoods. After the little promise the two made, their alliance grew stronger and they even started training together to test new tactics and moves to improve their teamwork and to understand how the other thinks during battles.

Since Yoohyeon was very good at strategizing, quick movements and had fast reflexes, she got the role of a frontline fighter and executed the infected in face to face fights. Meanwhile, Minji stayed low and hidden with her good stealth, admirable aim and gun control to secure a safe way in and watch over the outcast by killing any possible threats with great precision from afar.

They made an agreement that they would practice combat and movement in the other's style of fighting in case of an emergency before their task day. And today was that day of the week.

The girls had arranged a training session early in the morning and Minji was about to leave the Icebreakers' settlement, until she got stopped from one of the higher ranked supervisors.

"Good morning General Jiu. Leader Kang wishes to speak with you in the main headquarters." The supervisor informed while saluting, earning a little salute from Minji with a raised eyebrow because she was a bit confused. She thought the leader was out of the city and was wondering why he wanted to see her so early.

"Good morning to you as well Supervisor Jung. Is it an emergency?" The woman asked, earning a shrug from the man. They were of similar age which made them act a bit more friendly, but Minji didn't like the fact that he was too serious - she preferred more outgoing and aloof people, like Yoohyeon.

The woman didn't ask questions no more and went straight to the headquarters. She knocked on the door and was going to salute to the leader, but he just waved his hand as a way to tell her to not act in her post. Minji smiled and went inside, hugging the man.

"It's good to see you, uncle! I thought you were out the city?" Minji asked, sitting down on the couch next to her uncle and smiling at how unusually energetic he was. She was happy when her uncle acted like that, it made her feel like he still had his bright personality inside him.

"I was, but I got back a bit ago because I got some information from our spies. And I wanted to give a little 'task' to the upper ranks, but I thought that you should do it instead. I trust you and Minjoon the most, after all." Kang said with a little smile, looking at the woman with anticipation. "That's all I called you here for, sorry if I disturbed you."

The types of tasks he usually gave to the siblings were simple ones, such as exploring an abandoned house or confirming if escaped hostages were dead, so she didn't even hesitate and accepted his task without even knowing what it was about yet. She trusted his guts a lot. Not only as a leader, but as her uncle as well.

The man stood up from his couch and went to his desk to grab a special communication phone that only the higher-ups had access to. "I'll tell you more about the task later from this. Make good use of it." He handed it to Minji and saluted with a chuckle, showing her the way out the room with a smile. Minji smiled back at him and saluted before leaving.

She took a closer look at the phone and was amazed to finally get a hold of one of them. There weren't many functional ones left in Seoul, so she had to be very careful not to break nor lose it somewhere.

"I'm definitely showing this to Yoohyeon when I see her." The woman mumbled to herself with a little smile and put the phone in her pocket, soon walking out the exit of the building straight towards the arranged location.