15. "That Time of The Year"

› THE NEXT WEEK:

Minji stretched her body like a cat after waking up, feeling surprisingly unbothered. The woman tapped on the bed next to hers, expecting to see Hayoung sleeping, but she wasn't there. Minji called out her best friend's name with her raspy morning voice, soon hearing some footsteps coming from the hallway. That moment, Hayoung showed up with a smile on her face.

"Good morning Jiu! I made you some coffee, so go drink it before it cools down. I'll be off to train with the newcomers now, so see you during lookouts!" Hayoung informed with a smile while fixing her badge.

"Alright, have fun! Say hi to Bora from me." Minji returned the smile, waving at the latter. "I sure will! Bye bye!" Hayoung unlocked the front door, leaving the dormitory. Minji yawned, lazily standing up and walking towards the kitchen to drink the already prepared coffee.

The Icebreaker looked out the window, feeling relaxed because of the familiar snowy view. It had been snowing all week long and the whole city was beautifully covered in a white layer of ice particles. Minji sighed, taking a sip from her warm coffee while adoringly staring at the younger Icebreakers playing outside the show.

It made Minji happy to see that even if the world was in a very messy spot, children would still always be children. One's excitement for the year's first snow can never be hidden no matter what. It was in human nature to enjoy playing outside-

*BANG*

"Minji!! Do you know what day it is today!?"

The Icebreaker was startled by the abrupt opening of the front door and appearance of none other than Kim Yoohyeon

The girl excitedly ran to the woman with a little calendar in her hand, pointing at a date. The null-head Minji was at that moment, she didn't manage to think of anything, so she spurred the first thing that came to her mind.

"It's been a month since we first fucked?" Minji said, leaving Yoohyeon in pure shock. "Why was that the first thing you thought of..?" The younger asked in disbelief, making Minji frown. "I just woke up, you can't expect me to function like a machine the moment I'm awake!" Minji whined, earning a sigh from the latter. Yoohyeon then circled the date and month, scoffing when Minji just tilted her head in confusion.

"Today is December 1st, Minji! It'll be Christmas this month!" Yoohyeon gave up, finally telling the older one the answer. Minji opened her mouth in realization, not showing any specific signs of excitement. Yoohyeon disappointedly pouted, frowning at the Icebreaker. "What is it with that reaction? Aren't you excited?" The younger asked, surprised when Minji shrugged as a response.

"I don't usually do anything special during Christmas, so I'm not the most excited person. It's just another day for me." Minji truthfully said, taking the last sip from her morning coffee before standing up. "I'll get going now since I'll be on a morning lookout again. See you tonight pup!" Minji said with a smile and a quick hug, walking out the dorm before the younger. Yoohyeon watched Minji's figure walk away, while the outcast herself was completely dazed.

Yoohyeon didn't expect Minji not to be excited for Christmas, since every Icebreaker here was, even Yoobin. The girl walked back to her dorm, sighing the moment she sat on the couch next to her roommate. Minjoon put his book down, chuckling since he already knew what the outcome would be.

"She said she wasn't excited, right?" Minjoon questioned, earning a sulky nod from Yoohyeon. The girl leaned her head on his shoulder, pouting every ten seconds out of boredom. Minjoon sighed, tapping on Yoohyeon's thigh to get her attention. "Wanna do something fun? I got a pretty nice idea." He claimed, earning an aggressive nod from the girl. Minjoon then pointed at the window with a smile, earning a huge grin from the younger.