20. "A So Called Peaceful Day"

› 30 MINUTES LATER:

Yoohyeon walked into the canteen, seeing Minji waving at her. The girl slightly smiled, cautiously looking around if there were people staring at her. To her surprise, or not precisely, absolutely everyone's eyes were on her.

"Hi there Yoohtoni! Wanna have breakfast with me?"

Hayoung suddenly popped up from the side and hugged the girl's arm, startling her by accident. "Gosh, you scared me.. I'm here to leave with Minji though, I can't-"

Right as the girl was talking, Hayoung pulled her arm closer and was in a pretty close proximity to her face, taking almost everyone in the canteen aback by that, mostly Minji.

"Listen, if you leave with Jiu right now, you'll definitely get followed by someone. Just act like we're very close for a while so everything can cool down, okay?" Hayoung whispered, looking into the girl's lips and faking a smile that the other Icebreakers could've fallen for. "Wow, your lips seem so plump and pretty.. I see why Jiu likes kissing them now." The woman suddenly said in a whisper, making Yoohyeon widen her eyes at those words.

"T-Thanks..? Yours aren't so bad as well-"

"Then kiss me."

Hayoung interrupted Yoohyeon, completely surprising her. "W-What..? Are you being serious right now?" Yoohyeon asked in a whisper, shocked when the older nodded her head.

The younger worriedly looked at Minji, noticing the slight hesitation in her eyes. The Icebreaker knew it was for the girl's safety, so she had no choice but to weakly nod with a slight smile. Yoohyeon gulped, turning to look back at Hayoung and noticed how unexpectedly excited the woman looked.

"Are you sure you just don't want to kiss me or something?" Yoohyeon asked in a chuckle, getting a long hum in return. "Don't tell Minji, but I really wanted to kiss you on the first day you showed up. You looked.. very attractive." Hayoung admitted, making Yoohyeon slightly flustered by the compliment.

"Wow, I'm flattered.. So, let's kiss then, shall w-"

Yoohyeon didn't even finish her sentence and Hayoung pulled her in a kiss infront of the whole canteen. The girl naturally held onto Hayoung's waist while the older had her arms wrapped around Yoohyeon's neck. Yoohyeon couldn't lie, the kiss didn't feel bad at all, but something definitely was missing.

Minji was missing.

Hayoung looked a bit to both sides with her peripheral vision, pulling out with a smile and patting on Yoohyeon's shoulders. She was definitely satisfied by the kiss and now understood why Minji was so fond of kissing the girl's lips all the time.

"Damn Yooh, you're a very good kisser!?" Hayoung whisper-shouted, jokingly scoffing when Yoohyeon flashed a sheepish smile. "I'm more experienced than I look." The girl replied, showing a quick apologetic smile to Minji before sitting down with Hayoung.

The whole time, Minji was observing the kiss without losing focus for a slight second. She watched Yoohyeon's movements, clearly noticing something that no one else must've noticed - the girl was clearly not too excited.

Whenever Yoohyeon was eager to kiss, she'd slightly squeeze Minji's waist and pull her closer to gesture that she was enjoying the interaction and wanted to intensify it. But Yoohyeon didn't do such thing with Hayoung, which made Minji a little bit relieved-

"Hello General Jiu, is everything good?"

A female soldier from the side suddenly spoke, startling Minji. The woman saluted at the unknown soldier, surprised when she slightly smiled as a response and looked at the direction Minji was looking at.