14. "Feelings"

› AN HOUR LATER:

Minjoon entered the dorm, surprised when he didn't see Yoohyeon nor Minji. He scratched his head, walking towards the bedroom door and sighed in disbelief when it was locked.

"They do it even while Yoohyeon's still sick? Fucking hell.." Minjoon scoffed, changing his course to the living room and taking out his laptop. The man typed in some words, entering a site that not many survivors knew it existed. Mainly because it was one that was restricted to those who didn't have a proxy for it.

It was a site for people who were in need of secret information, but had to complete a specific task in order to receive that certain information. Usually, those tasks were similar to searching for a missing item or person, locating and catching a wanted criminal or getting rid of a group of infected. Minjoon has been using that site for almost 2 years and has been trying to find more information about SYM laboratories, but most of the times the informants were scams or people impersonating others.

But today was a different case. Minjoon scrolled through the pages when he came across a task that was searching for an assassin. The informants were the leaders of the Bluebirds and the promised reward was a very helpful lead to finding more information about the creation of the SYM vaccine. There was no way Minjoon could decline that offer. He instantly accepted it, getting a message in return from the creator of the post.

"Good evening, Minjoon. Please come to the main settlement of the Bluebirds in 30 minutes so we can discuss more about the target. From the Motherbird~"

Minjoon replied with an agreeing message, instantly getting ready to leave. He didn't rush to reach the Bluebirds since he still had a few minutes left. Once it was time, he entered the building and was welcomed by none other than the 'Motherbird' and 'Fatherbird' - Sangyoon and Saeji. The two were twins, just like Minjoon and Minj,i and their goal was simple - create a world where everyone was equal. It was pretty ironic since they were the ones with most luxury while the Bluebirds were trying their hardest to live by themselves. Hypocrisy at it's finest, but he couldn't blame them. In these times, such peacefulness was a dream to most.

"Good to see you here again Minjoon. Did our offer interest you that much?" The Motherbird said, sitting down on a chair next to her brother. "Do you really have information about SYM?" Minjoon asked, impatient because he was too eager to know. "Straight to the point, as always. We indeed do, and we're glad it was one of our loyal buddies that accepted the task." The Fatherbird said while looking at some paperwork on his desk and showing it to Minjoon.

"We don't have information about her identity, but we know her last location." The woman said, standing up to point out the key words to Minjoon. "As you know, suspicion arose between our members, so you must keep this hidden at all cost." She added, looking straight into the Icebreaker's eyes. "I know, Saeji. I'm not planning to waste this chance of knowing more about SYM, so the information better be valuable." Minjoon sternly said, taking the piece of paper and reading it.

"What did the target even do?" The Icebreaker asked after going through everything, confused by the information. The target was apparently a woman in her early 20s and didn't seem to pose a threat at all by the description of her looks. "She infiltrated our supply station and stole numerous of goods that would feed at least 10 families. She also murdered seven of our Bluebirds." Sangyoon answered, hearing a little "yikes" sound from Minjoon.

"We trust you with the task. Inform us when you're done, Joonie." The Motherbird said with a slight smile, showing the way out the settlement to Minjoon. No matter what, the Bluebirds and Icebreakers were allies, especially the siblings and the Bluebirds' leaders who had a rather friend-enemies type of relationship. As much as they didn't like eachother, they only sought one another for help when needed.