27. "More Than One"

› 30 MINUTES LATER:

The group of outcasts and Icebreakers had sat down in a circle and were listening to Yoohyeon share all of her knowledge about the experimental vaccine and the making story of it, as well as her encounter with Minji and the insane survivors. She also told them about her plan of invading the main SYM laboratory alone and how she would do it soon. It was safe to assume everyone was surprised by the story, but Namhyuk was the most shocked one out of all.

"I still can't fucking believe this.." Namhyuk held his head in his hands, earning a sigh from Yoohyeon. "I know, but I'm more than sure that the main lab has the answers that I need, as well as-"

"That's not what I meant Yoohyeon! You literally said Minji fucking kissed you again after almost getting killed by her!? What the fuck is wrong with both of you??" Namhyuk exclaimed dramatically, shaking his head and leaving everyone in a daze because of his words.

"Y-You didn't really have to say it like that.." The girl awkwardly scratched her neck, getting a sigh of disbelief from Hayoung. "It doesn't matter what or where, these two will always be kissing around in the worst times ever.." Hayoung said by rolling her eyes, making everyone chuckle.

"But hold on, don't tell me that you're actually planning to do the whole main lab thing alone?" Bora raised her eyebrow, earning a hesitant nod from Yoohyeon. "I've said it numerous times, but this is something that concerns me and only me. I only want you guys to hope I'll come out of there alive." Yoohyeon glanced at everyone, sighing when none of them seemed to be fine with her request.

"So you're saying we traveled from Busan to Seoul only to watch you do shit alone again? No way in hell will we do the same mistake again Yoohyeon. No way." Namhyuk protested, getting his back pat from Jiwon who actually seemed to be okay with Yoohyeon's request.

"I know this might sound weird, but I don't think it's that bad of an idea to follow Yoohyeon's plan." Jiwon said with a shrug, getting stared at by everyone in perplexity.

"You serious right now? You saw what happened to Yoohyeon while she was alone. She literally almost died today!" Jiho smacked his friend's head, earning a pout from her.

"I didn't mean let her do it completely alone, you idiot!" Jiwon scoffed, caressing her head while fixing her posture. She cleared her throat to continue her statement, gaining everyone's attention again by that.

"We can always watch her back from the outside and jump in if she's in danger. This whole SYM thing concerns me and Minjoon as well because we have some connection to it, but mostly Yoohyeon because she was affected by their stuff the most." The young girl said, noticing the surprised expression Minjoon had on his face.

"You're related to SYM too?" He asked, getting a nod from the younger.

"Mine and Yooh's father were colleagues and best friends, so I'm sure my dad also knows a lot about the vaccine's creation. And also-" Jiwon suddenly grabbed her heavy backpack, pulling out a fully packaged box and throwing it to Yoohyeon. "I got this from my dad's desk in my old house. Take it as a gift." Jiwon smiled, earning a shocked gasp from Jeongyun.

"So that's what you've been carrying this whole time?" The boy questioned, earning a thumbs up from Jiwon. "You have no idea how hard it was to break that safe and get these papers out. I also think there's a USB drive inside there, but I don't know where we could even open the files and watch them." Jiwon sighed, hearing a clap coming from Minjoon.

"I have a laptop back at the settlement! I can go get it right now and quickly come back." He suggested, earning a smile from everyone. Bora looked at him, patting his head and kissing his lips with a worried smile.