13. "Close To Death"

› 3 DAYS LATER:

Yoohyeon and Yoobin were midway into their night lookout shift and they had decided to talk more about themselves to deepen their friendship and learn more about eachother. Though, Yoohyeon had noticed something about Yoobin that didn't really sit tight with her. This night, she finally decided to ask her new friend about it.

"Hey Bin, can I ask you a question real quick?" Yoohyeon said, getting an affirming nod in return. The two had gotten pretty close that Yoohyeon even though of a nickname for the latter, something like a sign that approved of their friendship. "Sure Yooh, what's up?" Yoobin said, sitting down next to the girl. "I can tell there's something that you're curious about, but you haven't asked me. Is it something bad?" Yoohyeon finally asked, earning a sigh from the latter.

"I guess I couldn't hide it from you, huh? It's about that night you told me your story.. I'm curious about your scar on the stomach. How did it happen and is it connected to.. SYM, maybe?" Yoobin asked, taking Yoohyeon aback. The girl knew that Yoobin was sharp, but she didn't expect such good spontaneous guesses coming from her.

"Damn- Well, yeah.. it is, to some extent. On the day of the outbreak my father injected me with a SYM vaccine and then he.. he sacrificed himself when my infected mother attacked us. He died for me while I got this huge scar over here to remember how I'm alive thanks to him." Yoohyeon answered truthfully, slightly bringing her uniform's shirt up to show it. But to their surprise, the scar was slightly shining in an almost invisible green color along the edges, frightening the older one.

(PS: Yoobin is 21)

"Are you okay? Is this normal? How did that even happen?-" Yoobin asked in panic, but then paused. "Wait, someone's coming!" She quickly lowered Yoohyeon's shirt down when they heard another captain walking over to them. He looked at the two, raising his eyebrow. "What are you two doing?" He asked, looking at Yoobin's hands on Yoohyeon's waist.

"We were making out, can you leave us alone for a bit?" Yoobin said in a monotone, smiling at the man in a threatening way. "For fucks sake.. Whatever." He sighed in defeat, walking back to the lower level of the building.

Yoohyeon snickered, teasing the latter while wiggling her eyebrows. "Oh, we were making out you say? Do you want to kiss me that bad?" Yoohyeon jokingly leaned forward, getting slammed on the shoulder by Yoobin. "Shut up.. Now show me the scar again." She impatiently waited for Yoohyeon to raise her shirt up, both of them frowning in confusion at the unexpected view.

"It's normal again?"

The two said in unison, pointing at eachother with smiles at the coincidence, but quickly switched back to the preciously serious demeanor.

"Did it hurt?" Yoobin asked, frowning in thought when Yoohyeon shook her head as a no. "It doesn't hurt. Though, this usually happens once in three months for a few minutes, but this time the color was darker and it happened earlier.. That's weird." Yoohyeon informed, scratching her head in confusion.

*BUZZ*

Suddenly, the two girls' emergency radio started ringing and they quickly picked the voice call to hear the information:

"This is for every available Icebreaker on a night lookout:

Go to Zone 2, Building M66. We got an emergency call that Team G2 needs backup. They got ambushed by a gang of Sacred and are in serious danger. Head to the location now."

The voice call got instantly disconnected, leaving the two girls in shock.

"Wait, isn't Jiu in that team?" Yoobin said in worry, making Yoohyeon instantly stand up and prepare herself to run towards the location. "I think it is. Come on, let's go quickly." The girl said sternly, getting a nod from Yoobin. The two immediately rushed to the spot, not wanting to waste any more time.