30. "Last Moments Before Disaster"

› FEW MINUTES LATER:

Minji carefully helped the latter walk down the stairs, slowing down when she noticed Yoohyeon had dozed off while staring at the ground. She wasn't speaking or sharing anything, which was very unusual of her.

"Hey Yooh? You good?" Minji asked worriedly. Yoohyeon turned her head to look at the woman in confusion. "Huh? Oh. Yeah, I'm good." The younger answered simply, earning a sigh from the older.

"Are you sure? Is there something that's on your mind? You're usually not this silent." The Icebreaker questioned, making Yoohyeon chuckle and wrap her hand around the woman's waist.

"I'm just thinking about tomorrow, don't worry Minji. Everything is all good." The younger smiled, weakly squeezing Minji's waist and carefully walking down the stairs.

The Icebreaker sighed again, pulling the girl closer to her and embracing her thin body while walking. Yoohyeon couldn't help but smile, making the older feel less worried since the girl herself assured her that everything was alright. How much she believed her was a different case..

"What are you going to do now?" Minji asked, earning a hum of confusion from the latter.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, are you going to continue the training in your normal state or switch to your infected one again?" Minji asked, getting a weak 'oh' sound in return. Yoohyeon had totally forgotten that she was supposed to train again.

"Not sure, probably my infected one since I'm not done practicing with the others yet.." Yoohyeon looked down, making Minji frown.

"Puppy, what if it happens again? It hasn't been long since you turned back, are you sure you'll be fine?" Minji asked with a pout, making Yoohyeon return the gesture with a pout as well. "I'll be okay Minji, you don't have to always worry about me." Yoohyeon caressed the older's head, leaning closer to peck her temple with a slight smile. Minji instantly shook her head, stopping again to glare at the younger.

"What do you mean not worry about you? Who else am I supposed be worried about if not you?" Minji furrowed her eyebrows, making Yoohyeon gulp with a slight chuckle.

"I meant that you don't have to worry all the time. I know how to take care of myself, princess." Yoohyeon said proudly, suddenly feeling Minji letting her grip go, making her almost stumble down the staircase. The girl tightly held onto the railing, facing the older with puppy eyes and a pout.

"Help me out please..."

Minji shook her head in disbelief, hugging the younger's waist again as they continued taking steps down the staircase once more.

"I'm never going to stop worrying about you and that's a promise, you dumb kid.." Minji mumbled. Yoohyeon smiled to herself, caressing the Icebreaker's head. "Same goes for me. I won't ever stop worrying about my most favorite lady." The younger winked, making Minji scoff with a smile.

"Of course you won't. You like me after all." The older chuckled, making Yoohyeon whine. "Why do you have to tease me now of all times.." Yoohyeon pouted, earning Minji's giggle while she was caressing her waist.

"I'm sorry pup, I like teasing you and you know it." The older smiled, letting the girl go once they finally reached the underground parking lot. Minji pat Yoohyeon's butt, walking away towards the group.

Yoohyeon stood there and sighed, pursing her lips into a frown as she watched Minji walk away.

"It would've been better if you said that you liked me instead.."

Yoohyeon looked down, suddenly getting startled when Jiwon popped up with worried eyes.

"Yooh! How are you feeling? Are you okay??" The younger girl asked in worry, getting a smile in return. "I'm okay now. I told you I'd be back, didn't I?" Yoohyeon ruffled the outcast's hair, making her sigh in relief. "Thank god.. If you ever feel like that again, we won't do such training!" Jiwon pouted.