16. "Trouble Slowly Starts"

› A WEEK LATER:

Just as the girls had promised eachother, Minji has been going on missions alone while Yoohyeon stayed in the settlement so her ankle could heal. Though, the Icebreaker insisted that Yoohyeon shouldn't worry that much about her and focus more on resting, but the ignorant and stubborn brat the outcast was, she couldn't leave Minji alone even for a slight second. Yoohyeon had to be updated about every single thing that was happening.

Currently, Minji was on her last mission. The woman had her radio turned on at all times while Yoohyeon was impatiently laying down on the older's bed and listening to everything that was happening around Minji. It was hard for the girl to pay attention for long, since it was past midnight and Yoohyeon was feeling too sleepy, and it didn't go unnoticed by Minji.

"Pup, are you asleep?" Minji silently whispered, earning a very muffled hum from the latter. "No.. I'm still up. Is everything okay there?" Yoohyeon managed to word out along with a yawn. "Everything is okay and I got the magnet. You can go to sleep now." The woman said while examining the magnet, sighing when the younger hummed in disapproval. 

"I'll wait for you so don't you dare disconnect, you hear me?" Yoohyeon threatened, but it sounded too cute for Minji that she couldn't hide her giggles. "Are you sure you'll manage to stay up for any longer with that sleepy voice of yours?" Minji questioned jokingly, earning a scoff from the younger. "I'm serious! I won't fall asleep without you!" The girl whined, making Minji smile to herself. "Okay Yooh, I won't disconnect." The Icebreaker assured, soon leaving the abandoned building she took the magnet from.

It took Minji around 30 minutes to get back to the settlement, but before she entered the main gates, she felt two eyes pierced onto her. The presence of the person staring at her was so strong that the woman had goosebumps all over her body. She had no choice, but to turn around.. and sigh in relief.

"Hayoung? What are you doing here?" Minji asked after seeing her roommate outside. "Oh! Hey Jiu, I was just taking a stroll outside. What about you though?" Hayoung hung onto Minji's arm, walking back to their dorm room with her. "I.. I went to look for missing people, but unfortunately found nothing.." Minji's lie managed to go past Hayoung, as the other woman didn't even question anything and went along with it.

"Ah, that's unfortunate indeed..- By the way, Yoohyeon was waiting for you but she fell asleep like five minutes ago." Hayoung informed, noticing the slight curve forming in her best friend's lips. "I knew she wouldn't manage to stay up." Minji slightly mumbled to herself, humming when Hayoung nudged her.

"You and Yoohyeon have known eachother for around 2 months or more now, right?" Hayoung asked, earning a nod from the latter.

"Yeah, why?" Minji curiously asked back, making Hayoung chuckle. "You guys know eachother pretty well now. Are you sure there's nothing going on between you two?" Hayoung cheekily questioned, making the other Icebreaker choke on saliva and spur out random excuses. "N-Nothing's going on between us. We're just pretty close and you know it! Nothing but.. close friends." Minji said with a weak smile, it not getting unnoticed by her roommate.

"Do you have any feelings for her?" Hayoung softly asked after noticing the slight flush forming on Minji's cheeks. "Not really.. I only see her as a very close friend.." Minji said, earning a sigh from the latter. "Both of you idiots are in denial, it's so annoying sometimes.." Hayoung whispered to herself, soon opening the door to the entrance of their dorm for Minji. "I'll go to Minjoon since Yooh will be sleeping here. Good night Jiu!" Hayoung informed, giving a quick hug to her best friend before leaving.

Minji sighed, smiling at the way how Yoohyeon had her mouth slightly opened while sleeping. The woman found the younger's sleeping habits too adorable. The Icebreaker changed into her nightwear clothes and washed herself up, walking back inside the bedroom. Minji crouched down, cuping the girl's cheek and pecking her nose.