22. "Broken And Repaired"

› THE NEXT MORNING:

Minji opened her eyes, having woken up thanks to the footsteps of someone walking around the dorm. She groaned and scratched her eyes, looking around, but she didn't see anyone nearby. Though, the way how that person's random outbursts of sounds and hums of boredom were heard once every few ten seconds gave Minji an idea of who it could be. None other than the outcast herself.

"Puppy?" Minji called out with her raspy voice, chuckling the second Yoohyeon ran from the living room to crouch near the bed in a haste, holding the woman's hand while bringing it close to her lips. "Good morning Minji, how are you feeling? Did you sleep well? Did your wound bother you a lot?" Yoohyeon worriedly asked, getting surprised when the half awake Icebreaker hugged her neck without a second thought.

"I'm so happy to see you first thing in the morning.." Minji said in a cute voice, making the younger giggle. "Me too, I missed seeing you in the mornings after not being able to for a whole week." Yoohyeon replied in the same cute, yet teasing way, earning a little laughter from Minji. But by doing that, the woman accidentally hurt her stomach and she started wincing afterwards.

"You idiot! Did you forget that you're hurt?!" Yoohyeon scolded the older with a frustrated pout, followed by a chuckle from Minji. "I forgot for a moment.. Stop making me laugh!" Minji scolded back, making the girl release a dramatic gasp. "I didn't say anything funny, you're the one who's laughing like a maniac!" Yoohyeon jokingly said in a grumpy way, smiling when Minji lightly giggled.

The Icebreaker tried to sit up, instantly falling back on the bed while wincing hard because of the pain. Yoohyeon just caressed Minji's head, feeling sad because of how much pain the woman must have been feeling.

"Try to rest for today, okay? I'll go help the soldiers with decorating around the settlement." Yoohyeon said, earning a hum of confusion from Minji. "Decorate around..? What for?" The older questioned, noticing the slight smile forming on the latter's lips. "For Christmas! It's in less than a week, so they were looking for some help and I agreed to volunteer." Yoohyeon answered, seeing the hesitation forming in Minji's eyes.

"What's with that look? Do you not want me to go?" Yoohyeon asked, earning a head-shake in response. "It's not that.. I'm just surprised that you might have forgotten your actual task." Minji said, sighing afterwards. "You know.. with the whole erasing your data plan." The woman added, making Yoohyeon tilt her head in thought.

"Now that you said it.. My plan is halfway done since everyone thinks I'm dead or whatever." Yoohyeon smugly rolled her eyes, making the woman scoff with a chuckle. "How did you even manage to fake your death? That's not an easy thing to do in these times." The Icebreaker asked, noticing the latter getting a bit anxious.

"W-Well.. With a bit of lying, threatening here and there, as well as some fighting.. I got it done." Yoohyeon nervously answered, not adding more details to her answer. Minji just shook her head, not thinking much of it since it was the usual Yoohyeon style type of response, but at the same time, it was a very risky thing to do.

"As long as you're safe now, I'm happy with that. But don't think that you're completely out of danger now, Yooh. If someone finds out that you're still alive, it would definitely be harder to hide."

Yoohyeon sighed, knowing that the words Minji said were right. The chances of her being completely safe were low since some faction people for sure knew of her identity and that she was still alive. Yoohyeon had no choice, but to stay put without causing any trouble for now.

"I know.. But I've gotten a little used to being in disguise now. I like helping around, even if I'm putting myself at a risky spot by doing so." The girl caressed the older's head, leaning closer to peck her forehead. "I'll get going now. Don't move around too much, okay?" Yoohyeon pointed her finger at Minji, earning a stern nod in return.