Chapter thirty-four

Disappointment

Alyna

When you meet that one person who changes the way your heart beats, dance with them to that rhythm for as long as the song lasts. That one person for me is the man waiting outside for me. I was done having bath when all I needed to do was walk out of the bathroom with the towel I had wrapped around me. I was shy because all of this is new for me. As I said before, I never really had the time or energy for a boyfriend, I just never did. But Jackson, he's not my boyfriend, he's–well even I don't know what he is for me but he is someone I trust with my whole being.

Finally gathering up the courage I opened the door and stepped outside when he was sitting on his side of the bed. As soon as he noticed me he got up and handed me some clothes.

Wear these and don't worry I won't look... ”

With that he went and sat in his earlier position closing his eyes . I could wear this in the bathroom but as the man in front of me said to wear them here, I did as told.

Finally trusting him I started wearing the clothes he gave me and once I was done I went and kept the towel in the bathroom and to my surprise his eyes were still closed. The amount of butterflies this man is making me feel is unbelievable!

I'm done. ” I said when he got up and made me stand in front of the dressing table. Picking up a lotion he started applying it on my hands. I was facing the mirror and Jackson was standing behind me, applying lotion on my arms and elbows but stopped when he reached my wrists. He placed his thumb on my stitches and slowly started tracing it.

Touching his forehead to the back of my head he whispered,

Why!? ”

This broke me. The way he sounded so helpless and disappointed in me. Jackson has always taught me to be strong and to never show even a bit of an emotion to our enemies but what did I do? I did reverse of everything he asked me to not do. I was weak, I gave up, even after everything I couldn't fight I simply chose the other way, the easy but the way which is meant for losers and weak people. I am not weak, I am anything but weak or a sore loser.

Turning around I kept my palm against his chest with our foreheads against each other.
I'm sorry. ” I whispered.

“ Don't be.

“ Yes I should be. I disappointed you, I failed you. ”

He didn't utter a word this time because he knew what I was saying was true. I indeed have disappointed and failed him so badly that I don't know if I can even live with myself now.

It's okay. What's gone is gone and the thing about you failing me is not completely on you... Just look at me, I fucking failed you too. ”

Now I was the one in denial here because there was nothing he could have done for me. Even if he was here he couldn't have stopped it from happening, he knows nothing.

No no no no ” I looked into those storming beautiful black eyes. “ You could have done nothing jack. ”

He closed his eyes hearing his name, jack. He never likes it but I do and I guess there is no other option that he has.

Can we not talk about this tonight? ” I said with all honestly.

He nodded when I said the exact words he tells me, “ Words darling, I hate people who just nod, like you have a mouth for a reason right! ”

He looked at me with those playful eyes when he grabbed me and threw me on the bed, sitting beside me he started tickling me everywhere. And yes I'M A BIG ASS TICKLISH PERSON!