⋆ ✦ ˚。 Part two ˚。⋆

╔══════════════════════╗✦ ENTRY NO

ENTRY NO. 002
TIME LEFT: 29 DAYS

hᥱy ᥲgᥲιᥒ. ᥕᥱᥒt ᥉꧑᥆᥆th yᥱ᥉tᥱrdᥲy! ι ꧑ᥲdᥱ tᥕ᥆ frιᥱᥒd᥉, thᥱy'rᥱ ᥎ᥱry ᥒιᥴᥱ. Hᥲd ᥲ rᥙᥒ ιᥒ ᥕιth ᥉᥆꧑ᥱ rᥙdᥱ gᥙy ιᥒ thᥱ ᥴᥣᥲ᥉᥉r᥆᥆꧑, bᥙt hι᥉ frιᥱᥒd ᥉ᥱᥱ꧑᥉ rᥱᥲᥣᥣy ᥒιᥴᥱ ᥉᥆ ι'꧑ ᥉ᥙrᥱ ιt'ᥣᥣ bᥱ fιᥒᥱ. ᥣᥱᥲrᥒιᥒg h᥆ᥕ ᥱ᥎ᥱrythιᥒg ᥕ᥆rk᥉! thι᥉ ι᥉ ᥉᥆ ꧑ᥙᥴh fᥙᥒ!

✩ ◛ .⋆
╚══════════════════════╝

𓆩⟡𓆪
╰┈➤ 𝑰 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 myself seated on the grass, gazing out at the expansive field. The area was bustling with students engaged in various activities, each finding their own way to pass the time. Some were engrossed in a game of soccer, others darted around in friendly games of catch, and a few even huddled together to play card games.

"Ughhhh. I can't believe that old man, making us do a group project so soon," Serval sighed, reclining against a tree and peering up through its leafy canopy.

"Well, it beats his surprise tests. At least this way, we have a fair shot. I just wish we were studying something more interesting, like the old music," Pela remarked, her fingers absently toying with her food.

"I hear you! My strengths lie in mechanics. That's where my passion is. What about you?" Serval inquired, playfully pointing a finger at me. My response was muffled by the half-eaten sandwich in my mouth.

"Hmm.. well I dunno. I haven't really given my future much thought." I replied casually, shrugging as I finished chewing. Serval's laughter filled the air in response.

"You gotta take life more seriously." I only smiled, eyes fixed on the green blades of grass.

"What can I say? I'm just living in the moment."

__ __

"Alright, time to assign your project groups," Mr. Yang's announcement sent a ripple of tension through the room. I felt a flutter of nerves myself; beyond Serval and Pela, I didn't know many people. Still, this could be a chance to make new connections. As Mr. Yang began calling out names, my attention started to drift.

"Asta, Seele, and Herta." He paused, flipping the page. "Serval, Pela, and Bronya." Serval and Pela exchanged an excited high-five, their joy palpable. They turned to me, their expressions slightly crestfallen.

"Man I feel bad you're not in our group..."

"Nah don't worry about it Serval, maybe I'll meet some new friends." She grinned at my positivity, giving me a hearty thumbs up.

"Hell yeah, that's the spirit! Hey Pela, after school we should take her with us to karaoke!"

"You're right, that would be a blast. What do you think?" Our conversation had absorbed us so much that we didn't hear Mr. Yang continue calling names. Yet somehow, my ears perked up when I heard a particular pairing.

".... Dang Heng, and March." I was so sure he had called me before that, and it was confirmed when I glanced to see March waving my direction. However I sweat-dropped a little, seeing as I was paired with that rude bookworm.

He appeared unfazed, paying no attention to me or March. Instead, his gaze was fixed outside the window. For a brief moment, I almost considered him good-looking before swiftly returning to reality. I acknowledged March's waves with a smile.

"Let's do our best!" She whisper-yelled to me, which ushered a bigger grin from myself. I shifted my gaze back to the front of the classroom, where Mr. Yang was wrapping up the group assignments.

"You have until the end of the month to complete these projects. I want each group to present on a shared interest. This task will require getting to know each other well. That's all for today; class dismissed."

A collective shared interest?

Mr. Yang's assignment left me pondering. It was an abstract departure from what I had experienced in this school so far, even though I had only started yesterday.

As I started to pack up my things, i couldn't help but keep mulling it over in my head.

╰┈➤ EDITED

Original publication 06

Original publication 06.17.2023
Re-written: 08.23.2023

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╮
A note found under the desk

Oh? You've found my little tip? You're a lucky one.

I wanted to get revenge on that uptight little junior of mine, and to have a little fun of course~

Hey, just between you and me, don't eat any of the cafeteria lunch tomorrow. Otherwise, you might not leave the toilet for a couple of hours. ;)

-Sampo

╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯