⋆ ✦ ˚。 Part twenty-seven˚。⋆

╔══════════════════════╗
???
???

[dᥱ᥎ιᥴᥱ ᥒ᥆t f᥆ᥙᥒd]

???
╚══════════════════════╝

𓆩⟡𓆪
╰┈➤ 𝑴𝒚 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒏𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 open, and I jolted upright, my heart racing. I could feel the cold sweat clinging to my skin, my breath coming in ragged gasps.

Glimmers of the dream I had just escaped from faded rapidly, leaving me with a sense of unease. The room was cloaked in darkness, the shadows dancing eerily on the walls. I reached out, searching for the comfort of my bedsheets.

With a shaky exhale, I tried to steady my racing heart. The area beside me felt strangely empty, a void where my little sister usually lay. Clara was nowhere to be seen.

But It wasn't entirely surprising—I assumed she had gone off early to spend time with Mr. Svarog. After all, I was known to be a late riser, a bad habit my mother often scolded me for.

The dream's remnants clung to my thoughts, like mist against the sun.What had brought about this sudden surge of anxiety? I couldn't pinpoint the exact source, but a lingering feeling of foreboding remained. The dream had felt so real, so vivid.

I was walking...aimlessly. Walking aimlessly with no purpose.

I shook my head, clearing away the nightmare's remnants. The clock on the nightstand showed morning—hours before afternoon.

The chill in the air prickled my skin. Too lazy to turn off the air sanitizer and close the windows, I reached for the edge of my blanket, pulling it closer around me.

The dream, whatever it had been, felt like a distant memory now, fading with each passing second. It was probably just a product of stress.

With a resigned sigh, I let myself sink back into the mattress, my eyes growing heavy once more. The warmth of the blanket cocooned me. Before I succumbed to their embrace, I heard a voice call out from downstairs.

"Sweetheart, I'm heading off to work! I made you some breakfast, so make sure to eat it while it's hot! And don't forget to do your schoolwork! Bye hon!" A few seconds after I heard a small 'click' indicating a lock of the door.

Silence followed, and I could safely assume she was gone. I was entirely alone once again. This was the routine that I was accustomed too—days spent within these four walls, studying, painting, and watching flims. That was all I ever did.

With a deep exhale, I shifted my gaze towards the window. The darkness outside was beginning to recede, giving way to the soft hues of light. The world beyond the glass, even though tampered and slowly degrading, still seemed to be stirring to life—ready to embrace a new day.

Yet here I was, still tangled in the remnants of my dreams, trapped within my own place called 'home'.

As I slowly snapped back to reality, I couldn't ignore the heavy air of solitude that hung around the house today. Clara was often out and about, but when she's here, it's like a temporary distraction from my own thoughts. When she's not, the quiet feels even more overwhelming—like there is an ever expanding hole I can't fill.