⋆ ✦ ˚。 Part twenty-six˚。⋆

╔══════════════════════╗
ENTRY NO. ???
TIME LEFT: 0 DAYS

[rrr ᥙᥒᥲbᥣᥱ t ρr᥆ᥴᥱ᥉᥉ rqᥙᥱ᥉t...]

✩ ◛ .⋆
╚══════════════════════╝

𓆩⟡𓆪
╰┈➤ "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 then don't you, about the time travel."

Dan Heng remained frozen in front of his teacher, almost unable to grasp what he had just heard. The boy's mind spun as he stared at Mr. Yang, heart pounding in loudly in his chest.

Was this some sort of twisted joke? A test to see how he'd react? He had to be dreaming, right?

But Mr. Yang's gaze held a steady sincerity, and the more Dan Heng stared at him, the less he was certain. He opened his mouth to respond, to brush it off as a misunderstanding, but his voice caught in his throat.

"W—what...no..." he finally stammered.

Welt's sigh cut through the tension, and Dan Heng's gaze snapped to his teacher's face. The older male's expression held a mix of weariness and patience, as if he had anticipated this reaction.

"Dan Heng, I understand that this might be difficult to believe," Welt broke the silence again, his tone calm and measured. "But I assure you, I am not joking."

His gaze shifted away from his student, bracing himself to reveal a secret he had vowed never to share with anyone. It was a truth he had intended to guard until his dying day, locked deep within him.

However, witnessing the distress it inflicted upon Dan Heng, Himiko, March—essentially all the students who held her dear—he found himself unable to remain passive. He couldn't bear to stand by, without offer a helping hand of his own.

He edged closer to the young man, lowering his voice to almost a whisper, "Dan Heng, I too am a time traveler. Actually, I believe I'm from around the same period she is."

Dan Heng's eyes widened, his pulse quickening. The room felt like it was closing in on him, and he had to grip the edge of a nearby desk to steady himself. This was insane. Absolutely insane.

"You're...from the future?"' He replied very shakily, stepping away from his teacher slightly. He had never expected his teacher, a friend to his caretaker for many years, was also connected to all this.

Welt only nodded, his gaze unwavering.

"Yes, I know it's a lot to take in, but I want to help you navigate this."

"But, that's impossible. You've been teaching for over twelve years—"

Welt's expression softened, and he leaned back slightly, giving Dan Heng the space to process his words. The teacher's eyes held a mixture of understanding and empathy, as if he had known this line of questioning would come.

"It's not as straightforward as it might seem," Welt began, his voice measured. "My presence here is part of a complex interplay of events that I can't fully explain myself. Now—I want you to tell me everything you know."