⋆ ✦ ˚。 Part seventeen ˚。⋆

╔══════════════════════╗✦ ENTRY NO

ENTRY NO. 015
TIME LEFT: 2 DAYS

Ι'꧑ ᥉᥆rry f᥆r thι᥉ ᥉h᥆rt rᥱρ᥆rt—bᥙt ι rᥱᥲᥣᥣy ᥴᥲᥒ't fιᥒd thᥱ rιght ᥕ᥆rd᥉ t᥆ ᥉ᥲy. H᥆ᥕ ᥉h᥆ᥙᥣd ι ᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ g᥆ ᥲb᥆ᥙt ᥱ᥊ρᥣᥲιᥒιᥒg ᥕhᥲt'᥉ hᥲρρᥱᥒᥱd? ᥲh! ᥱ᥎ᥱrythιᥒg'᥉ ᥉᥆ ᥴ᥆꧑ρᥣιᥴᥲtᥱd—!

✩ ◛ .⋆
╚══════════════════════╝

𓆩⟡𓆪
╰┈➤ 𝑰 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒅 a love hate relationship with math. I'd taken a few advanced courses before, but nothing could've prepared me for the way Mr. Yang goes about teaching the subject.

My eyes strained as I locked my gaze on the board, the writing looking as though it were another language entirely. None of the other students had the guts to ask any questions—myself included.

Normally I wouldn't be paying this close of attention to the lesson, but I desperately needed a distraction today.

Poke.

One glance over my shoulder confirmed that March was trying to get my attention. She reached her hand out again, gently leaving another tap.

Poke.

"What?!" I whispered cautiously, making sure not to draw attention.

"You okay?" Surprisingly, she matched my hushed tone.

Before I could respond, the class finally ended. The young man beside me quickly got up to leave, without even acknowledging me.

"I'll catch up with you later, March," he said abruptly, reminding me of how he acted when I first arrived at the school. Dan Heng slung his bag over his shoulder and hurriedly left the classroom.

"I'm talking about that," March said in a regular voice, "did something happen between you two yesterday?" I bit my lip at the mention of yesterday, because it was the very thing I wanted to distract myself from.

Despite the internal struggle, the thought of confiding these overwhelming emotions with someone prompted me to open up and confess—even if it was only just a a few of my worries.

"Dan Heng asked me to go to the festival with him." March's eyes grew wide, and her mouth hung open in complete disbelief. She instantly rose from her desk, palms slammed on the table as she leaned toward me.