⋆ ✦ ˚。 Part eighteen ˚。⋆

╔══════════════════════╗
ENTRY NO. 016
TIME LEFT: 1 DAY

Thᥱ fιᥒᥲᥣ ᥉trᥱtᥴh hᥙh? ι gᥙᥱ᥉᥉, ι'ᥣᥣ ᥉ᥱᥱ y᥆ᥙ ᥉᥆᥆ᥒ thᥱᥒ.

✩ ◛ .⋆
╚══════════════════════╝

𓆩⟡𓆪
╰┈➤ "𝑵𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚, you're coming over right now, and I'm going to give you a make-over."

"March please, I can get ready on my own. It's really not necessary—"

"You told me you don't have any other clothes besides uniforms! How is that even possible?!"

"Uh—I just buy what's necessary..." I could hear her audibly sigh over the call.

"You'd better be over at my house after you're done helping, or I'll never speak to you again!" March's voice rang with playful urgency before she promptly hung up, leaving me staring out the classroom window in confusion.

"Everything okay?" Gepard suddenly appeared at my side, holding a large tablecloth

"Yeah, all good. Do you need any help setting up the tables?"

"Oh! No, it's okay, I can handle it." Then, a hand rested gently on my shoulder. I turned to see Tingyun face to face, her exhaustion evident from all the event planning.

"Thank you for coming to help set up this booth last minute," she sighed.

"No problem—anything to help my favorite club leader," I replied with a cheeky smile. She returned the gesture before leaving us to our tasks.

As Tingyun disappeared, a moment of silence settled between us. Gepard kept his focus on laying out tablecloths, while I did my best to hang up decorations. The air was filled with awkwardness, and I could feel that Gepard wanted to say something.

Finally, he spoke up, his voice reluctant,  "A—are you excited for...the festival?" he said, his eyes avoiding mine.

I glanced at him briefly, studying his features.

"I am."

"That's good," he said, his voice tinged with hesitation, as if he wanted to say more but was holding back. I waited patiently, sensing that there was importance in his voice. "There's something... something I need to get off my chest."

The room seemed to shift, and I could feel the weight of his words hanging between us. My heart raced with anticipation, beginning to make assumptions of his next words.

He took a deep breath, his eyes locking with mine, seeking reassurance. "I... I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now, but I wasn't sure how you'd react."

My curiosity and concern grew, and I urged him to continue.

"It's okay, Gepard—take your time."

He nodded, his expression a mix of nerves and sincerity.

"I... I have feelings for you, more than just as a friend," he finally admitted.