CHAPTER 26: It hurts

"Ray!" Elsa couldn't help but yelled his name.

Lucas head tilted one side, his calm face was replaced by a deadly one. He touched his lips. Seeing the small blood on it, his eyes turn colder.

Raymond grabbed his collar again.

"Didn't I tell you to stay the fuck away from her? It seems you won't listen until you have your balls bursted!" Raymond yelled. His murderous intention was raising. Only he knows how bad he wants to kill this guy.

"You're behaving like an animal Ray, I was only having a last dinner with her" Lucas said calmly.

"F**k the dinner and f**k you!" Raymond spat.

Lucas look down at his hand still holding his collar.

"I'd advice you to let go or this would stop being funny" he warned.

Elsa ran towards them.

"Ray please, can we talk?" She held the hand holding Lucas.

"Get your hands off me!" He yelled at her and she flinch. She gasped when she notice the tears threaten to fall from his eyes.

Did something happen?

"Ray" she called softly regretting coming here with Lucas.

Raymond let go of Lucas before he could break down completely, then stormed out of the restaurant.

Elsa grab hand purse, she look at Lucas. "Please keep your promise and do not bother us again" she said and ran to follow Raymond.

Lucas stood on his spot, his fist tightened as his stared into space.

By the time Elsa got out, Raymond already drove his car away from the place.

"Oh God, what have I done?" She muttered feeling stupid. She didn't tell him because she knows he won't agree to it. This dinner was meant to end her friendship with Lucas.

She hired a taxi and asked the driver to follow Raymond but they lost the track of him because he was driving too fast.

She went to the gym but he wasn't there.

She bring out her phone to call Leonard but he didn't pick, she then called Jake.

She explained everything to him.

"Okay, calm down Elsa, he'll be fine. I'll send you the address of where he might be" Jake said.

He sent the address after a while and she head there immediately.

Getting down from the car, Elsa spot Raymond car and she sighed in relief.

The place was like a garden, fireflies and flowers could be seen everywhere. It was a beautiful sight. She walked further. The place was dark and the cool breeze hit her skin.

After a while, she found the guy. He was sitting at edge with his back facing her.

Her eyes widened seeing the city with its light. It was so beautiful.

'I wanna take you to my favourite place' His voice echoed in her head. Is this his favorite place?

She saw him raised a bottle to his lips taking several gulp.

"Ray" she muttered walking towards him. She slowly sat beside him and take a deep breath when he did not bother looking at her.

"You're drinking again" she muttered.

"You broke your promise, why shouldn't I?" He said taking the bottle into his mouth again.

"I'm sorry" she said almost like a whisper.