CHAPTER 38: Lead

Seeing what he wanted, Lucas smiled. His phone rang disturbing his moment.

"The job is done boss" A voice sounded through the earphone.

"Jake!!!!" Natasha yelled insanely with Jake now in her arms.

Wilson who busy shooting got shot on his arm when he was distracted.

Venom's men shot furiously and the two police men hid too.

"There are so many of them" one of them said.

"Boss you okay?" The other one asked.

Wilson look at the arm bleeding badly and sighed.

"Please keep your eyes open Jake" Natasha said trying hard to endure her own pain.

"N..nata..Sha..." Jake tried to speak.

"Don't say anything please" she plead.

Ben was busy shooting at Tick not giving him the chance to shoot at them again. He suddenly ran out of bullet. "Fuck!"

Tick set his gun to shoot again but a bullet from nowhere hit his head. His body fell from the car and land hard on the floor. Zeke and some other men entered very armed with a daring look.

"Brahms men are here" Wilson smiled a little.

One of Brahms men entered the place with a bazooka and fired at Venom's men blowing them off.

The remaining one began to shoot at them killing them one after the other until the last one.

Jake was rushed to the hospital afterward. He was unconscious and had lost a lot of blood.

Entering the operation section. The doctors started working on him already.

"You need to treat yourself too" Ben said to Natasha whose face was paled like that of the dead.

"No, I must wait for him" she muttered weakly.

"No you need to treat yourself. You don't look good. Beside I'm sure Jake would be fine. He's a fighter" Ben said.

"Right" she muttered but then went unconscious and fell into Ben's arm.

°°°

Dagon walked towards Mikaela with a smile. "Where should I start?" He asked licking his lips.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"Because I was asked to" he shrugged.

"By a man you've never seen before? Don't you think he's using you?" She said trying to gain courage.

"Your father"

Hearing the word Father, Dagon face dropped.

"How do you think he'll feel once he sees you like this?" She asked.

"Tssk, are you trying to have a prep talk with me right now? Venom is my saviour, I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for him" He scoffed.

"You had an accident causing you to have a little mental issue. Your father was your only friend and families. Your condition got worse when he died out of sickness. Venom bought you out from the Psychiatrist hospital, doesn't mean he's helping you Dagon.."

Dagon went towards her and place a knife on her neck immediately with a growl.

"Shut the fuck up! You know nothing about me. Venom saved me from those doctors who kept dive injections into my neck every damn hour. Do you know how hellish it feels to be alone!!" He yelled.

"What's the difference? You're still a alone Dagon and you're being used as a tool by him. Come to think of it, do you think Venom sees you as a friend? He's pushing you to your death without you knowing. He doesn't care about your life!"