CHAPTER 29: Realization

Piper closed her locker after drawing out her jersey and short. Her practice will be starting in ten minutes.

"Did you hear the news?" One of her teammate ran towards her.

"What?" Piper asked dryly.

"Newton didn't win the case, he was sentenced 25 years imprisonment. Gosh! I can't believe this" she explained showing Piper her phone screen.

Piper walked away without replying. That's non of her business, Newton asked for it.

She stopped her track when she saw Mason talking to the girl who kissed him.

They were both chatting and laughing while walking together.

Piper found herself staring, not able to take her gaze off him.

Mason's eyes suddenly move to her but avert afterwards. They haven't spoken since yesterday.

Piper took a sharp breath when they both walked pass her.

"what is wrong with me?" she muttered.

°°°

Leonard was busy doing some graphics on his system when his phone rang. He rolled his eyes seeing the ID caller before picking it up.

"What?"

"Is that a way to talk to your father? How dare you ignore my calls and texts?" A angry voice sounded through his phone.

"How did you find my number? I told you I don't want to have anything to do with you if you still don't want me to make my own choice!" Leonard almost yelled.

"My choice is your choice. You don't have the right to go against me boy! Come home or I'll bring you home myself!"

"I see you're still the same. I'm never going to do what you want" he gritted his teeth.

"What else do you want in a woman. Rachel is strong, tall, beautiful and a bold woman a man can die for. Why are you so different? Marrying her would benefit the company greatly and you won't regret having such a sweet cake by your side" the voice came out a bit calm this time.

"Other men can go to hell and die for her but not me. I don't like her and that's final. In fact I have a girl now who is so much better than that slut!" Leonard yelled.

"You better watch your tongue..."

Leonard cut the phone call before his dad could finish. His phone rang almost immediately and he switched it off.

He pulled his hair in anger and groaned out in frustration.

His family told him about this Rachel right from when he was Ten. They betrothed him with a girl who he didn't love. The craziest part was, they have been planning to get them married since he was little.

Only Raymond and Jake knows about it.

°°°

Elsa put down the pancakes she made. Sighing, she went towards the room Raymond shut himself in.

"Ray" she knocked lightly but no reply.

"Ray, open the door!" She said louder but still no reply.

"Ray we need to talk. Are you planning to lock yourself in there forever?!" She yelled then pout her lips.

She knocked again thinking of what to say.

"Babe, if you aren't going to come out then I'm leaving!" She yelled. Her words work this time because she heard a click sound from inside. The door slowly opened revealing Raymond.