CHAPTER 32: The masked guy

"you.. you are.." Piper paused and rethink what she was about to say.

Lucas on the other hand dipped his right hand into his pocket reaching out the small pen. A pen with a sharp blade once a small button is pressed.

"You're the guy I stole his watch the other day. Now I know why you look familiar" Piper changed her word.

"Stole?" Elsa's weak voice sounded.

"Sis I'm sorry, I was once stealing people's stuff just to help myself. I needed money at that moment and I didn't want to worry you" she explained.

"I can't believe this Piper" Elsa muttered.

"I'm sorry" Piper repeated.

Elsa looked up to Lucas. "I apologise on her behalf"

"I forgave her long ago, how are you feeling?" Lucas asked with a small smile.

"Better thanks" She said looking elsewhere.

"You should rest some more okay?" Charlie said.

Raymond kept on tapping his booth creating soft thuds.

'Go away!' He rested his head on the wall behind him with his jaw clinching hard.

Ben sat beside him. "Just give her some time"

"She doesn't hate me right?" He asked.

"Yes she does, you broke her real hard Man"

"I was still in shock when she came to me in the bar. I could not just spill it out. I don't want her to see me as a murderer. It's her dad we are talking about"

"So you were planning to push her away and never tell her the truth?"

"She would know the truth somehow but by then it won't break her too much but Mrs Brown made me realize my move was stupid. She's all I need. I don't care if she hears the truth and hate me. I will find a way to bring her to my arms again" Raymond muttered.

"I feel like I'm talking to someone else and not Ray" Ben chuckled.

"F**k you Ben, Don't start" Raymond rolled his eyes.

"How's she?" He asked.

Ben explained her situation to Raymond and he felt terrible the more. This is all his fault.

"Who was that guy in suit?" Ben asked remembering Lucas.

"My f**king competitor. That asshole wants Elsa too" Raymond face turned cold.

"Competitor, He's handsome" Ben muttered, Raymond threw him a hard glare.

"That prof is a nightmare don't let his goody goody get into your head"

"Prof, he's a professor?" Ben frowned.

'I was telling her about her professor before she hang up' Ben recall Mikaela words.

"Yeah and a dickface"

Ben made to talk but Lucas walked out of the ward and they both raised their head to him.

"Asshole" Raymond muttered and watched him walk towards him. He was expecting him to say something but he walked pass him instead.

"He gat some balls" Ben muttered chuckling.

"I'm still upset. How could you not wanna tell me where my girl is"

"Oh now she's your girl? Just last night were trying to push her away"

"I told you my reason already"

Lucas hand tightened on his steering wheel. Piper seems suspicious. What was she trying to say? He bought out his phone to call someone.