CHAPTER 27: Drunk Elsa

Hearing the word mom Jake rushed down to the hospital.

"Doc!" He yelled running towards the man in white. His heart was beating hard on his chest.

"Where my mom?" He asked breathing hard.

"She's fine now, she surpassed the critical condition" The doctor replied, Jake breath out sweeping his hair backwards. He was so scared as hell when he heard his mom was in a critical condition.

"I thought you said this won't happen again, what the hell went wrong?" He asked.

"The machine went off for a moment. I'm glad we found it on time but don't worry we are going to fix that" The doctor explained.

Jake went mute for a moment. Something about what he said was not right.

"By the way, you need to make your payment real fast Mr Jake so something like this won't ever happen again" The doctor said.

"Yeah, the money is almost complete, I'll bring it soon. Just please watch over my mom. I can't lose her" he said.

"Don't worry Mr Jake we'll take care of her. She is such a strong woman" The doctor tapped his shoulder and walk pass him.

Jake went to his mother's ward, he kissed her knuckles as he stared at her paled face.

"I'll get you out of here, I promise" he muttered.

°°°

Ben phone rang while driving. Sparing a glance at Dagon he raised his brow.

"Keep driving if you still love your skulls" Dagon warned.

"It's skull not skulls. I need to pick the call, What if it was my mom calling?" Ben frowned.

"Keep driving and keep shut" Dagon warned.

"Aiit" Ben focused his gaze back on the road.

The car pulled out in front of a small apartment. Ben got down from the car followed by Dagon.

He bought out his gun and gave him a cue.

"Go get the door" Dagon said getting impatient.

"C'mon nigga you've got to chill" Ben rolled his eyes. He saw one of his black friend passing by and something clicked on his mind.

"My man!" He yelled.

"Hey Ben! What's up!" His friend yelled.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Dagon shot him a hard glare.

"I can't see my bud and leave without saying Hi.. it's a black code" Ben smiled but it disappeared when Dagon shot the floor beside him.

Ben friend eyes widened.

The gunshot made Mikaela check outside. Seeing the scene, she gasped.

She rushed towards the living room and shifted the table one side.

Ben told her to hide somewhere here once something like this happens.

She lift the rug only to find a door beneath. Getting in, she dragged the table back to its position.

"Get in now or this would stop being funny" Dagon warned.

"Fine" Ben raised opening the door praying silently. He provoked Dagon on purpose.

Dagon kept his gun and search everywhere but couldn't find anyone. After a while, he came back and face Ben.

"See, I told I only wanted to fuck her ass" Ben muttered.