10

The Next Evening
DDOT'S POV

"DD look I know I said I would come but I really just want to stay here tonight." I said to DD. "Ma you need to come to the concert I get what happened yesterday was a lot but I don't think you should be alone." DD said to me.

"You're right it was alot so I want to stay here and if you think I'm going to do something to myself I promise you that I'm not." I said to him. "I just really don't think it's a good idea for you to be here alone." he said to me.

"What if I invite the twins over I know they are down here for some show their dad is doing." I said to him and he sighed. "Fine as long as the twins come over than you can stay here tonight." he said to me.

"Thank you and I promise you that I will make it up to you for missing you're concert." I said to him. "Nah you good I get why you don't want to go so I'm not tripping." he said to me. "But I just still feel bad for having to miss it." I said to him.

"And like I said you good put your mental health first even if that's before me as long as you good then I'm good." he said to me. "You don't know how much I love you." I said to him and then I realized what I said.

"Um I think I'm going to tell Jay and them you not coming." he said to me and then he walked out the room. "The fuck did I say that for." I said to myself. So then I just decided to go ahead and call the twins and see if they can come over.

"I'm surprised you're still alive." D'Lila said to me as she answered the phone. "That's because I'm still in Cali but I got a question." I said to her. "What is it?" she asked me.

"Can you and your sister come over something happened last night and I told DD that I don't want to go to the concert and the only way he will let me stay is if y'all come over." I said to her. "Well I can come over but Jessie is with her boyfriend so I know she can't." she said to me.

"Alright thanks I'll let DD know and I'll send you the address." I said to her. "Okay see you in a bit." she said to me and then she hung up. So then I texted her the address and went downstairs to look for DD.

"Jstar you seen DD?" I asked him. "Yeah he out back with Jay and them." he said to me. "Thanks." I said to him. "Yo Ddot let me talk to you for a second." he said to me. "About?" I asked him.

"You know I'm glad you with my brother because I see a change in him and it's a good one like now he knows how to balance his life out with the things he needs and wants but with you it's like you're both his need and want." he said to me.

"I don't get what you trying to say." I said to him. "You'll get it eventually." he said to me and then he walked away. "The fuck type of Dr Seuss shit was that." I said to myself but I brushed it off and went to DD.

"DD." I said his name. "What the twins say?" he asked me. "D'Lila can come but Jessie can't." I said to him. "Well at least one of them can come so I guess since you won't be here alone then you can stay here." he said to me.

"Thank you and I promise I'll make it up to you." I said to him. "Jay can you give us a minute?" DD asked him and then he walked away. "You don't have to make it up to me you don't want to go because of what happened I understand that." he said to me.

"I know but I was suppose to be there for you tonight and now I can't be because I was stupid enough to get high and drunk." I said to him. "Stop putting the blame on you when it's not your fault it's Dotty's." he said to me.

"Speaking of him when we got back last night you said that you would handle it but the way you said it caught me off guard so what do you mean by you are going to handle him?" I asked him. "Don't worry about all that." he said to me.