25

Epilogue
Nine years Later
Ddot's POV

"DEVANI COME HERE YOU NEED TO GET DRESSED!!" I yelled out to my now nine year old daughter. "I'm here momma." she said to me. "Good now come on and let's find an outfit so you can be ready when Auntie Dani get here." I said to her.

So then me and her both walked to her room so I can get her dressed. "Want me to pick out your outfit or do you want to do it?" I asked her. "Momma I'm nine I don't need your help with picking out my clothes." she said to me. "Trust me you do because sometimes I don't think you can picking out cute stuff." I said to her as I was texting Dani.

"You found an outfit?" I asked her. "Yes." she said to me as she gave me the outfit. "This is cute so get dressed." I said to her. "Momma why can't I come with you and daddy tonight?" she asked me.

"Because your dad is taking me somewhere and that means you can't come." I said to her. "But momma please let me come." she said to me. "Even if I wanted to your dad would probably still say no." I said to her.

"Then convince him." she said to me. "I'm not convincing him of nothing but don't you want to hang out with your cousin Ari I mean you haven't seen her in a while." I said to her. "Yes but I really want to go with you and daddy." she said to me.

"How about this tomorrow me you and your dad all hang out since you can't come with me and him tonight and we do whatever you want okay." I said to her. "Promise?" she asked me.

"I promise now let me do your hair because girl it looks a mess." I said to her. "It's not that messy momma." she said to me as she was laughing. "Whatever you say." I said to her as we were walking to her bathroom.

"Momma when can I get a baby sister I be bored here."Vani said to me. "And you feel like a baby sister is the solution to that?" I asked her. "I mean maybe not but still." she said to me.

"How do you even know if I want another baby?" I asked her. "Momma I'm nine and I know how babies are made so just me I know you want one." she said to me. "What does that have to do with me having a baby?" I asked her.

"Basically just know when you and daddy think y'all are being quiet you're really not." she said to me and I know my face turned super red. "Well if you were sleep then you wouldn't hear those noises." I said to her.

"Sleep or not you and him are still loud." she said to me. "Let's change the subject I really don't want to have this talk with you as my nine year old daughter." I said to her. "Okay then I have another question." she said to me.

"What is it?" I asked her as I was parting her hair. "The kids at my school think that daddy isn't my daddy because I don't look like you and him because of my skin color." she said to me. "What?" I asked her.

"I don't really want to repeat all that mama." she said to me. "Well you need to ignore them because your dad is your dad I mean yes you're not as lightskin as me and him but that doesn't mean anything I know a lot of people who are both light skin but their child doesn't come out light skinned." I said to her.

"I know but it sometimes gets aggravating I guess." she said to me. "Just don't worry about it because you are me and your father's child." I said to her. And then my sister texted me saying she was outside.

"I'm done so I'm about to go open the door because your Auntie is here." I said to her. So then I went downstairs to open the door for Dani and Ari. "Hey Dani hey Ari." I said to them as I opened the door letting them in the house.

"Hey Auntie Darrian where's Vani?" Ari asked me. "She's in her room so you can go up there with her." I said to her and then she went to Vani's room while and Dani went into the living room to talk.