BLACKMAIL

Narrator

Y/n wanted to spend time with Minji that night but that wasn't possible once Y/n got a call from Mr. Nishimura.

"Yes, Sir! I'll be right there," Y/n said over the phone and hung up.

"You have to go?" Minji asked a bit disappointed.

"Yeah. Umm, but I'll see you tomorrow. Okay?" Y/n kissed Minji's forehead before going back out the window and running into the night.

- Y/N POV -

I wanted to spend some time with Minji but that wasn't going to be possible when dad called me to come home.

I ran all the way home to find Ni-Ki sitting on the dinning table.

"Sit," Dad ordered.

I sat on the only empty seat at the table, next to dad.

It was weird.

I usually sat next to my mom, while Ni-Ki sat next to his dad.

Mr. Nishimura loved to keep our family separate like that. He liked to make it clear that I was my mother's kid and Ni-Ki was his.

"So, any news for me?" Dad asked.

"No, sir" I answered him.

"Did you see Minji today?" He followed up.

"Yes, sir. I just came from seeing her...," I answered him.

"Good!" He exclaimed.

"But listen, I have some information that might help you. I got a list of names of potential huge shareholders at the school. Who do you think might be the most likely to be the biggest share holder?" Dad placed a piece of paper in front of me.

"Pham Hanni, Lee Hyein, Danielle Marsh, Kang Haerin," the paper read.

"Crap!" I thought to myself.

"I'm not sure, sir....," I answered him.

"Your mother tells me you used to be really close with these girls," Dad answered me.

"Yes, sir. But since I got arrested we don't talk anymore," I lied.

"Why did you lie to me that day?" Mr. Nishimura sternly asked.

"You said you were just burglarizing the place and we're caught by a stranger. But from what your mom tells me, Minji and You were inseparable back then," He coldly spoke.

"What really happened that night?" He followed up.

"Why do you care now?" I spoke without thinking.

"Excuse?!" Dad asked.

"Shit!" I thought to myself.

"What I said is the truth, Sir. I was jealous of what Minji had... so I broke into her house. Once she caught me I attacked her, Sir...." I kept lying.

I always painted Minji as the only victim that night in fear that Mr. Nishimura might retaliate and try to hurt Minji or her family.

Mr. Nishimura just nodded. He looked like he didn't believe me.

"Alright, well. I want you to try to get close to one of these girls. I don't care who and I don't care how. Date one if you have to, I want to know who I need to take out to own the school," Dad sternly spoke.

I gulped at the sound of those words.

That was my biggest fear right now.

"Yes, Sir...." I whispered.