BROKEN PROMISE

Narrator

After a few hours of trying to apologize to the maknaez, Y/n went back to Wonyoung's place.

Y/n walked in, packed their things, and walked downstairs to thank Mr. Jang for his hospitality....

But just before Y/n could do that...

Jang came home.

- Y/N POV -

"Where are you going?" Jang asked.

"Going back home. It's time," I coldly answered, trying to walk around her to say by to Mr. Jang.

"Wait? Why?" Jang stopped me.

I didn't answer.

"Is this because of Yujin?" She asked.

I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Come on, let's talk," Wonyoung lowly said as she grabbed my wrist and dragged me up to her room.

I refused to enter her room and opted to talk to her at the top of the staircase instead.

"Say what you need to say," I coldly stated.

I was hurt.

Genuinely hurt.

"I thought you'd be happy," Wonyoung looked down at her feet.

"Why would I be happy that my friends saw you cheat on me?" I angrily asked.

"It's not cheating," Wonyoung whispered.

I sighed in frustration.

"Yeah," I coldly responded.

"You were struggling on telling them and this made it easier. You could get with one of them and I'll continue to see Yujin," Jang tried to explain herself again.

I scoffed.

"Hm, the only reason I didn't wanna tell the girls is because I was genuinely starting to like you. Telling them the truth was basically going to be me lying... knowing I have feelings for you...," I tried to hold back my anger.

"What?" Jang asked a bit shock.

"This was all a waste of time," I sighed and attempted to go downstairs.

"No, what did you say?" Jang stopped me.

"It was a waste-"

Jang abruptly pulled me closer and asked again, "What did you say? Please tell me what you just said."

I shook my head in disappointment.

"I was genuinely starting to have feelings for you too... but you broke our deal. You couldn't even wait to give me some time to think things through," I answered her.

"I- I- It wasn't my intention. I didn't think the girls would catch me with Yujin," Wonyoung became a bit panicked.

"Why were you even out in public with Yujin like that?" I asked in genuine confusion.

Jang and I had a secret deal.

She could secretly see Yujin, so long as I got to keep tabs on the girls.

It only seemed fair since neither of us wanted this arranged marriage in the first place.

"You could have started a scandal," I sighed in frustration when Wonyoung didn't answer.

"I know!" She yelled.

I furrowed my brows at her.

We were talking perfectly calm.