SELFISH

Narrator

Everyone had seen the public display of affection going on in the dining hall between Y/n and Wonyoung. While everyone either felt jealous or swooned by such gesture....

One person wasn't so easily fool.

The person that always spoke of things as she saw them.

- Y/N POV -

I suddenly found myself being dragged out of the dining hall by Hanni. She digging her nails pretty hard into my wrists.

"Don't you think you're taking things too far?!" Hanni hissed at me once we were out of sight from anyone.

I scoffed, trying to keep up with the act.

"Don't be your selfish self," Hanni made a disgusted face at me.

I couldn't lie to myself, being called that hurt.

"Aren't you tired of making selfish decisions?" Hanni breath out as if she was the one that had been holding in her breath for the last two years.

Of course, I still could not breathe freely for myself. So, I took a deep breath and answered.... "Of course, I'm only human, after all."

"But while you may see a decision as selfish, I see an opportunity taken out of desperation or need," I gave a brief explanation.

Whether Hanni believe me or not, it was up to her.... but I wanted to make myself clear....

"Not everything is as white and black as you think, Hanni...,"

- Hanni POV -

Y/n had left me in thought.

It had always stuck to right and wrong.

Even after that night,

My morals had been tainted and skewed at that point but because of that specific event in my life, my morals were stronger than ever.

As we got older, I realized that what we did was wrong. It was completely wrong.

I did my best to put Y/n in their place.

As much of a soft spot that I had for Y/n, I had hard time with it.

I was always my weakest when Y/n was in the hospital....

But Y/n hadn't been to a hospital in months and I could sense myself starting to go back go my old ways.

"Don't tell me to that!" I scream at Y/n in frustration before Y/n could go out of sight.

"You've always told me about the gray areas and about how justifying evil at times comes with another evil. So, how can you stand there and tell me that things aren't so simple! The ones who need to get punished, should be punished! Even you!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Students who were walking nearby turned to look at us.

Y/n had always told me how it didn't seem morally right or fair or progressive to justify blood for blood.... or life for life....

The world had always been life that.

I didn't find it fair either, but it seemed like the only way.

"You're right," Y/n gave me a bitter smile. 

"If you think I must be punished then I hope you get me some day. I hope that you get what you want," Y/n added before walking in the opposite direction of dining hall.

"Where are you going?!" I yelled through the hall.

"I'm not hungry anymore!" Y/n yelled back.

As always,

I felt selfish.

Was my wish of catching bad people that bad?

Was I really being so selfish and hypocritical for wanting to become a powerful person who could stop evil?

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Sorry it's a little short ...