001 𖤐 the pluto effect

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —messages, real life𖤐

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —
messages, real life
𖤐

mom
hey, your dad and i are in france for work. we left last night and will be here for a while.
read by kenzie

𖤐

𖤐 there it was, one of the zillion moments that mackenzie hart was often had to deal with. her parents are both crazy famous painters and were rarely home. now, kenzie's parents would just expect her to do things on her own all the time. and her being a famous actor and sometimes model, didn't help.

but the weird thing was when kenzie was younger, her parents gave her all the attention in the world. but since fame came around for both kenzie and her parents, her parents chose the same route for themselves which really worked in their favor, but not for kenzie.

she got her first job as the little girl in bird box. and where she also met her best friend walker scobell, who was played as her brother.

at the time, they were seven and it was also the time when kenzie's parents adored her. but midway through filming, her parents had the smallest opportunity and left for morocco. that's when their bond broke.

it was the fact that if her parents had even a chance of being known, that they would just abandon their kid. but now, her parents are pretty known.

after bird box, went grey's anatomy, then mamma mia, stranger things, and finally her most recent project, euphoria.

when each movie or show passed, her parents showed up less and less. of course kenzie was happy for her parents, they were talented. but now since she hasn't seen them in months and she went through the whole filming of euphoria without them showing up once, she made up a name for herself.

kenzie called herself pluto, yes like the planet. she used to be involved with her parents and they all loved and cared for eachother but since they both got more fame, it's like she's been booted or drifted from her family. just like how pluto was booted as a planet. kenzie was always a little lonely being an only child, but it was a million times worse now. she always kinda thought of it as a joke but as the years went on, the joke seemed to be a little too real.

𖤐

𖤐 as kenzie read the text, all she thought was that she was pluto. at this point, she was used to it. but it still hurt her today that she had a interview with teen vogue and they completely forgot. it still hurt her every time they'd forget. all kenzie thought was, it would be weird if they remembered.

she put on a brown unbuttoned bodysuit with a white tube top peeping through. kenzie doused herself with her favorite perfume and slipped on her low platform converse.

for this interview, she was more excited because it was with walker. it was about their recent show together euphoria. the weird thing about walker and kenz was if one of them got into something, both of them did. they couldn't figure out if it was coincidence or if it was the fact they work really well together.

"hi kenz," walker greeted her as she stepped into his car. "hi walkie," she said back, exaggeration the 'ie.'

"good to see you mackenzie!" his mom spoke from the front seat, her replying with 'you too!'

"did you ever find out if you got in for the black phone? you auditioned for gwen right?" he asked, "i don't know yet, but if you didn't get in, i definitely didn't." she paused, "and yeah i went in for gwen."

kenzie looked down at her phone but a green sight caught her eye. "no way your wearing your pickle socks walker," he just laughed at her reaction.

𖤐

𖤐 HI!! hope you guys liked the first chapter, sorry it was sorta long. i just wanted to make the title of the story clear, a little bit of kenzie's past and going into the present. also pretend walker is in all the things listed obvy.