CHAPTER 16: Second Stage Cleared

DATE: MAY 15TH, 1987.
LOCATION: NEAR RICH HILL, OHIO, U.S.A.

"IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY, AND THE RACE CONTINUES, THIS'LL BE AS QUICK AS A BLINK OF AN EYE, BUT IT'LL JUST ADD TO THE STAKES!"

The racers get in place, as the Rich Hill is visible from where they all stand.

Suddenly, a trumpet sounds, marking the beginning of the race.  The racers all sprint off towards the Rich Hill, their feet pounding against the ground as they make their way up the steep incline. 

The sun is just beginning to rise, and the light of the morning sun casts a beautiful golden glow over the landscape.

The racers push themselves to the limit, their hearts pounding and their lungs burning as they race towards the finish line. 

The tension and excitement are palpable as they run, their bodies and minds fully focused on the task at hand.

MEANWHILE...

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP, RAGAZZI!"

Buccellati screams, in a panic.

"WE'RE LATE, WE'RE LATE!"

Anotella opens her eyes with a start, her heart pounding and her head spinning.

She sits up, dazed and confused, trying to figure out what is going on.  She looks around at her surroundings, and quickly realizes that they are at a campsite in a forest, with the Motherload preparing to leave in a hurry.

The rest of the Motherload is groggy and confused, trying to figure out what has happened.  Anotella stands up quickly, feeling a sense of urgency and panic wash over her.  She looks around frantically, trying to figure out what she needs to do next.

"Wha.. OH NO! Uuah... How terrible!"

She yells out, as the car engine starts, and they rush their way out of the forest and ahead of the crowd of racers.

"OHHH!! OHHH!!"

"THE MOTHERLOAD! THE MOTHELOAD HAS MADE IT OUT OF THE FOREST AND IN THE LEAD! WHAT A SHOCK!"

He screams out, as Choko's in the crowd, eyes widened.

"Those bastards... They must've overslept... How the hell...!?"

She mutters, as she spots someone... O'Jay Woodkid racing ahead, and therefore ahead of her as a whole.

Choko's expression turns to anger and frustration, as she watches the Motherload race past her.

She grits her teeth in fury. She lets out a curse, and then quickly turns and starts towards the Motherload, determined to catch up.

She clenches her fists and grits her teeth, her mind filled with determination and a burning desire to win.  She races with all her might, pushing her limits to the very edge, determined to make up for lost time.

Kool N'Gang appears, racing behind Choko.

"Choko... Choko Mochizuki... That's her name, is it not..?"

He asks himself.

"Will I pass through her? I think so..."

And, in a blink of an eye...

"USHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"