CHAPTER 17: SCARY MONSTERS: MONSTER MASH (PART 1)

"Man, man, MAN! Thank god that I broke my fall with those branches..."

Jodi sighs, rubbing his back and stretching his arms as he walks towards the town. He grunts, as he hears his bones snap into as he strectches.

"Geez, Atkins is an ass... What the fuck was he thinkin'? Pushing me off a cliff... Wow, that thought just gets worse the more I think about it."

He continues walking, shivering from the sheer cold. Jodi could've sworn he saw a snowflake or two.

He continues... Until he spots a familiar face... Choko Mochizuki... She's crouching over... Eating something crunchy.. When he peaks over, he sees... Rocks?!

"Hey, Choko!?...What are you... Doing??"

Choko rears her head in the direction of Jodi's, and begins to run,  the way that she's running.. It's not like a human's... More like an imitation of a dinosaur's...

He would chase after her, with all his will and might. He breathes heavily, as Choko is running way faster than him, eventually, she leads him to the same town that he saw earlier, Choko nowhere in sight.

"CHOKO! CHOKO!-- CHo.... Ko..."

He looks next to him, seeing a wooden sign that read "Shocking Blue Town".

"Shocking.. Blue Town... Hm."

He says, as he looks onward. He takes a step inside, and is immediately greeted by an elderly woman.

"Greetings, young one! Welcome to Shocking Blue Town!"

"Ohh--Uhm... Hey, have you seen--"

Before he can speak, the Elderly woman walks foward pulling him along.

"Let me give you a tour of this place.. Not many people come to visit, especially racers of such a big race!"

"You... You *know* about the Late Spring race?"

He asks, utterly surprised.

"Of course! We all use our old-timey radios to listen in on the race... Ohoho... What a great race it is!"

She says, a big, warm smile smile on the elder's face.

"That's.. surprising... This just proves to me how big this race really, really is.."

He sighs in relief, having found somebody to help him. The woman gives him a tour around the town, and he sees many oddities.

Jodi follows the elderly woman around the town, amazed at what he sees. The town is filled with strange sights and sounds, and he can't help but feel intrigued and excited.

The elderly woman is happy to show Jodi around and answer his questions, and she seems to be enjoying herself as well. Jodi tries to take in as much as he can, wanting to remember everything that he sees.