The gift

.... A year later....

"Welcome North, East, South and West" Glacier
announced "what are we doing here" West asked "look, are those the rankings mother told us about" South asked "they are, to me it's pointless" North said "why" South Asked "we'll what do you do with such high ranking?" North asked "look North it's so I know how much power you have" Glacier said North stood up and took a few steps forward and stood on an ice platform "when I'm king... I'll get rid of these stupid rankings" North yelled "you can't do that" Snowfall interjected "shut it, when I'm king I can do whatever I want" North said "well beat me first" Snowfall said North growled softly in his throat as he walked of the platform "I'm sure you can beat her ranking, North" East said "thanks brother, but there's also something called the diamond trial" North said "Diamond trial?" West asked "yea, you'd have to fight a NightWing if one of the 2 participants dies the one that is alive gets the highest rank" North said "you're not as dumb as you look" Snowfall said "how dare you!!" North yelled and turned his back on her feeling a blast of frost breath come up "listen here, IceWing" Snowfall said taking North by the throat "let me go" North mumbled as he felt the grip get tighter "I keep the highest ranking and you won't even bother with it" Snowfall yelled "well... ok" North mumbled as he felt as if his heart might jump out of his chest then he fell to the ground with a thud breathing heavily "why'd you hold him so tightly" East yelled "you could've killed the oldest prince" South explained "yea" West agreed walking over to North "Southwest, what is your gift to the tribe" Glacier asked immediately everyone looked at their mother "North come here" Southwest said "yes mother" North said then walked up to his mother "my gift to the tribe is something you all have never seen before" Southwest said "well what Is it in dying to know" Snowfall said "I enchant North to be an animus" Southwest said "what is that supposed to mean??" North asked it went silent for a while his mother turned to him.