The end of Snowfall

North approached Snowfall, his cousin and a trusted member of their tribe. "Snowfall, I think it's time we discuss who should be the next leader of our tribe," he said Snowfall nodded in agreement. "Yes, I agree. Our current leader has been dead for a long time now and it's important we start thinking about the future." North took a deep breath. "I believe I am the best candidate for the position. I have proven myself time and time again to be a fair and just member of the tribe. I have experience in hunting and leading others on expeditions. I believe I have what it takes to lead our tribe into a prosperous future." Snowfall listened to North's proposal before speaking. "I understand your reasoning, North, but I believe we should consider all candidates before making a decision. We need someone who is not only skilled in hunting and leading, but also has a strong sense of diplomacy and can maintain good relations with neighboring tribes." North acknowledged Snowfall's point. "You make a valid argument. Who do you think should be considered for the role?" "I believe Mink would make a great candidate," Snowfall replied. "He may not have as much experience in leading expeditions, but he has a strong sense of diplomacy and has built good relations with neighboring tribes." North took a moment to consider Snowfall's suggestion. "You know, you make a good point, Snowfall. Mink would be a worthy candidate for the role too. Perhaps we can discuss this further with our fellow tribe members and come to a decision together." Snowfall nodded in agreement. "That sounds like a good plan. It's important we make the right decision for the future of our tribe." North and Snowfall continued their discussion, weighing the pros and cons of each candidate for the role of leader. They both knew that the decision they made would impact the future of their tribe and they were determined to make the right choice Sahara flashed a bright smile at Snowfall and interrupted their conversation. "Oh my goodness, Snowfall! Look over there!" she exclaimed, pointing to a nearby group of reindeer. "Isn't that Comet? I've been wanting to catch up with him for ages!" Snowfall's attention immediately shifted to the group, allowing North to slip away unnoticed. "Oh wow, it is Comet!" Snowfall said, forgetting their previous conversation Sahara quickly led Snowfall towards the group of reindeer, chatting excitedly about old times and charming the other reindeer with her wit and humor. North watched from a distance, grateful for Sahara's quick thinking quickly North enchanted a spear and sent it to her heart and eventually he enchanted another and sent it to her neck she yelled and then North faced her North stormed toward Snowfall, his fists clenched in anger. "How could you do this to me? After everything we've been through, you betrayed me! You were my mentor, my friend, and you turned against me!" Snowfall looked up at North, her face stoic. "I did what I had to do, North. You were too reckless, too impulsive. You needed to be taught a lesson." "A lesson? You nearly got me killed! You put my life in danger because you couldn't handle my ambition. You were supposed to support me, not tear me down!" "I did support you. I taught you everything you know. But you were getting out of control. You were becoming a danger to yourself and to others. I had to step in and put a stop to it." North shook his head, his eyes burning with anger. "You're lying to yourself, Snowfall. You're trying to justify your actions. The truth is, you betrayed me because you were jealous. You couldn't stand to see me succeed, so you tried to take me down."Snowfall stood up, her own anger starting to surface. "That's not true, North. You're twisting the facts to fit your narrative. I did what I did because I cared about you, because I wanted to see you become a great leader. But you let your ego get in the way, and you put yourself above the clan. You were a danger to us all." North took a step closer to Snowfall, his voice rising. "Don't you dare talk to me about putting the clan first. You abandoned me when I needed you the most. You let me suffer at the hands of our enemies, just so you could prove a point. You're no better than a traitor."Snowfall's eyes narrowed. "Watch your mouth, North. You're the one speaking treason now. You're accusing me of crimes I didn't commit, just so you can save face. You're the traitor here, not me." North snarled, his talons shaking with rage. "I'll never forgive you for what you did, Snowfall. You broke my trust, you shattered our bond. You may have taught me how to fight, but you're no mentor to me anymore. From this day on, we're enemies." Snowfall didn't flinch. "So be it, North. If you want to be my opponent, I'll face you with honor. But don't accuse me of things I didn't do. I may have made mistakes, but I never betrayed you. You did that yourself, with your own arrogance and pride." Snowfall yelled North slammed the door to his bedroom shut with a loud bang, causing Snowfall to turn her head in surprise. "What's gotten into you?" she asked with a raised eyebrow "What's gotten into me?!" North exclaimed as he glared at Snowfall. "You've been nothing but mean and rude to me lately, and I'm sick of it! I don't deserve to be treated like this, especially by my own cousin!" Snowfall rolled her eyes. "Oh please, you're being so dramatic. I'm just teasing you a bit. You need to learn to toughen up." "Toughen up?! You have no idea how hard I'm trying, Snowfall! But every time I make progress, you shoot me down with your insults and put-downs. It's not funny or helpful, it's just plain cruel!" Snowfall sighed. "Okay, fine. I'll try to be nicer to you. But you also need to learn to take a joke and not be so sensitive all the time. We're siblings, that's what we do." North shook his head. "No, that's not what cousins do. They support and encourage each other, not tear each other down. So if you can't do that, then maybe we need to work on our relationship a little more." Snowfall looked at North with a mixture of surprise and guilt. She had never realized how much her teasing had been hurting him. "I'm sorry, North. I didn't realize. I'll try to do better from now on." North nodded, feeling a sense of relief. "Thank you. I just want us to be able to get along and support each other, like siblings should." Right after he'd said that Sahara slashed the venomous tip of her tail against her neck and blue blood flowed out slowly.