Baseball

Bakugou's pov

I couldn't wait for after school. My leg was bouncing up and down while I sat watching the clock. Only a few minutes left. The teacher was explaining something but I had no desire to listen.

"I know the bell hasn't rung but we got done early so you can all go." The teacher said.

The class cheered and lingered in the classroom a bit longer. I on the other hand didn't wait any precious seconds. Hurrying along I opened the door to the music room.

Inside I was expecting to see him. Practicing away like he always did when he was a kid. Work so hard that eventually he'd be sleeping under the piano. That mismatched hair was nowhere in sight.

Maybe he's just in class, the bell still hasn't rung. I sat on the bench in front of the piano. The bell rung so I waited patiently. He'll show up I know it. Deep down though I wonder if he actually will. Maybe it's just me wishing he comes.

We only have 5 days and this bastard hasn't played one bit! My hands balled into fists feeling defeated. I tried to get him off of my mind by looking out of the window. There on the baseball field was two people playing. I wouldn't doubt if one was Kirishima. The helmet fell off of one of their heads and revealed mismatched hair.

_______________________________________

Todoroki
Come to the music room

You know how late it is?

It's only 8:00 come on!

I shouldn't even be awake right now 🙄

See you soon!

I sighed getting out of bed quickly changing into something presentable. Really I shouldn't even be in a rush after what he did earlier.

"I hate this bastard." I grumbled to myself.

Leaving my room I hurried out of the house. Sooner I get there, quicker I can sleep. Cars head lights were blinding me and I officially regretted leaving at all. At least I was close to the school already. The school locks every door besides one, the closest to the music room. Once inside I walked to the music room wanting this to be over as soon as possible.

"What did you want?" I crossed my arms.

"You." He tilted his head playfully.

"Oh so now you gave up with shitty hair?" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm a backup, something people don't want to be." He looked away.

"You literally made me yours!" I yelled.

"That's different, Kirishima likes someone else and if it doesn't work with them at least he has me." Todoroki shrugged.

His eyes finally looked into mine. They glittered in the moonlight reminding me of stars. The way they mean many different things to people. Shoto to me is the one that got away. Far out of reach mentally but close physically.

"Just going to stare at me?" He laughed.

"Shut up!" I sat down at the bench.

"You know you're taking a major risk playing with me." His eyes softened.

"You'll pull through."

"If I stop playing you're disqualified."

"It's not about winning this time." I replied.

"It's always about winning to you." He sat next to me.

"I'll feel like a winner if you even step a foot on stage." I glanced at him.

His eyes widened in shock. He opened his mouth to say something but ended up being speechless and looking like a fish.

"Have you practiced?" I asked.

"4 hours now..." He trailed off.

"You haven't even went home?" I questioned.

"Nope." Todoroki seemed like it was nothing new.

"Now I have to go to the store to get you something to eat." I rolled my eyes standing up.

"Not hungry." He replied.

I sat down next to him again. He fiddled with his fingers nervously glancing at the piano.

"You going to play or not?" I tilted my head.

"Not with you staring you bully." He mumbled.

"I swear!-"

"Be quiet." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not going to deal with you being a sassy princess." I replied.

"You already are." He laughed.

Suddenly he began to play out duet. I listened waiting for him to mess up but it never happened. I looked away from the piano and at him. His face was serious and focused. 4 hours got him far along. Now I just have to work on him not looking so focused.

_______________________________________

734 words

Thanks for reading and voting! This chapter was kinda rushed so I'm sorry if it's bad.