Sandwiches

Bakugou's pov

Today is the final competition, at least before nationals. Me and Shoto decided to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement by Beethoven. It was a last minute decision. A song we could both play by heart. The only downside was that it was too simple for our abilities.

I was in the kitchen making myself a sandwich to bring to the competition. Looking at the time I decided to make another for Todoroki which was much neater than the one I made myself. I hoped maybe having some food on his stomach will make him less nervous. Then I double checked my bag. Cologne, wallet, and now two wrapped sandwiches.

Todoroki
What's our number to perform?

103 why?

Making sure I don't arrive late

Our number doesn't tell you our time

I can assume

YOU BETTER NOT BE ALMOST LATE LIKE LAST TIME

Grabbing my bag I left the house. The old hag took the car so now I'm stuck walking in this awful humidity. She should've just dropped me off even if I was early. I stomped down the sidewalks on the way to the performance center. People stared at me like I was insane but I shrugged them off.

The performance center wasn't that far away. I arrived after about 30 minutes of walking. Inside was very quiet. Most people must've already found their seats. I quickly go to the backstage area realizing that we haven't even took the quarter break yet. I groaned and sat on the ground pulling my knees to my chest. Laying my arms on top of my knees I looked around.

If only Shoto was here for company. Comfort really. I've hated performing without him all these years. He's back and I feel like I have to hold onto him tightly or he'll leave again. I never want to let go of this feeling I have for him. The way my heart desperately wants to take over what my brain thinks. Shoving my head into my arms I decided to try to get rest while I wait. Shoto should be here soon anyway to wake me up.

_______________________________________

I woke up due to my phone ringing. Looking at the caller I declined. Stupid Deku ruining my sleep. I looked around seeing how empty it is now back stage.

"Number 100!" Backstage dude called out.

Shit! Where is Shoto? I stood up looking around but seeing no red and white hair. Looking back down at my phone I seen a text.

Deku
Have you seen Todoroki-kun?

Obviously not!

Neither have me and Kirishima.

Have you looked everywhere?

That we can think of!

What was I supposed to do? I can wait till the last minute but if he doesn't show up I'm screwed! Hurriedly I went to the bathroom changing into my suit.

"Number 101!"

I wanted to eat my sandwich. But the nerves were getting to me. Plus I didn't have enough time anyway. My hands were shaking as I gripped the edge of the sink. God damn you bastard.

He always does this. Bails at the last second and makes it impossible to find. Playing hide and seek was always difficult with him.If he doesn't want to be find he won't be.

"Number 102!"

Leaving the bathroom I took a deep breath. I have to compose myself. Today I'll be disqualified immediately but they still allow the person to play. When I play I hope he listens to it. Hear the desperation, loneliness, the need I have for him. (👀)

He's the reason I play. The one that inspired me to go down this path. Follow him to the deepest part of the ocean. I followed but I didn't realize how he needed air. He was drowning in sorrow and I was too blind to see it.

Now I play for him in a different way. I don't hit the keys to impress him. I play for him to understand me. I play to save him from his sorrows and get him to finally breathe again. I want to leave the impact that he has on me. But I think I'll always be in debt to him. It's always going to be me chasing after him. I guess I don't mind playing the game with him for just a little longer.

"Number 103!"

_______________________________________

The song was easy to do alone. But nonetheless when I walked off stage I felt like something was missing. Him. Walking towards the bathroom I changed out of my red suit. Can't believe I've stuck to the same colors that Shoto picked out when we were kids. It made me chuckle to myself.

Deku
Kacchan! We're on our way to the hospital.

Why go there?

He's back there. This time needing stitches.

I felt a lump in my throat as I read the message. My mind didn't even care about learning the reason for him to be there. I should see him but I-
I'm scared of what to say to him.

_______________________________________

838 words

Thanks for reading and voting! I hope you all enjoyed. The rest of this is for Jay(gonna be made about me posting) Hey you Gremlin! When you read this you probably still won't be caught up. But better late than never. Also sorry for "trying" to steal your wifey's attention. Ya know I love chu ♥️